Boston, Summit County, Ohio
The community takes its name from Boston Township. The first settlement at Boston was made in 1820. A sawmill was built at Boston in about 1821. An early variant name was Boston Mills. A post office called Boston was established in 1825, and remained in operation until 1957.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Boston, Summit County, Ohio
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 16.
- Perrin, William Henry (1881). History of Summit County: With an Outline Sketch of Ohio. Baskin & Battey. p. 542.
- Doyle, William B. (1908). Centennial History of Summit County, Ohio and Representative Citizens. Biographical Publishing Company. p. 102.
- "Summit County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
|This Summit County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|