|Single by Augustana|
|from the album All the Stars and Boulevards|
|Songwriter(s)||Dan Layus, Jared Palomar, Justin South, Josiah Rosen|
|Producer(s)||Brendan O'Brien, Jon King|
|Augustana singles chronology|
"Boston" is a song by American rock band Augustana, from their debut album All the Stars and Boulevards (2005). It was originally produced in 2003 by Jon King for their demo, Midwest Skies and Sleepless Mondays, and was later re-recorded with producer Brendan O'Brien for All the Stars and Boulevards.
The music video starts with the lead singer (Dan Layus) playing a piano on a beach with the sea at low tide initially, later showing numerous other abandoned pianos on the beach. As the video progresses, other band members appear. Soon after, high tide comes up and the entire band continues to play as they are submerged in water over and over. Band members have been shown to be struggling to keep up with their musical instruments, but they do not seem to give up playing even in such adverse conditions. The video ends showing all musical instruments left shattered by the sea waves.
Use in popular media
"Boston" was used in the third season finale of One Tree Hill, "The Show Must Go On", when Brooke Davis and Lucas Scott have their last dance as a couple. It was also featured in Scrubs, 19th episode of the fifth season, "His Story 3", in The Big Bang Theory, 3rd episode of the first season ("The Fuzzy Boots Corollary") and in "Here Comes the Judge", the 15th episode of season one of Shark. It's also heard in the film A Warrior's Heart.
|US Billboard Hot 100||34|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||24|
|US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)||10|
- "Artist Consultation + Production + Management". Ping Pong Music. 2013-01-30. Archived from the original on 2013-09-27. Retrieved 2013-08-29.
- Default. "One Tree Hill Music". www.oth-music.com. Retrieved 2013-08-29.
- "Shark Music - Season 1: "Here Comes The Judge"". TuneFind. 2007-02-15. Retrieved 2013-08-29.
- "Augustana Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Augustana Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Augustana Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)". Billboard.