|Theme music composer||Matthew Puckett|
|Opening theme||Everything I Want|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Producer(s)||Erica Baumgart, Monica DelaRosa, Brian Flatley, Andy Genovese, Sarah Namias|
|Editor(s)||Pagan Harleman, Faith Jones, Cindy Kaplan Rooney|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||ABC News|
|Original release||June 24– August 12, 2010|
|Followed by||NY Med|
Boston Med is an eight-part documentary television series that premiered on ABC in the United States on June 24, 2010. It follows the stories of doctors, nurses, patients and their families at Mass General, Brigham and Women's and Children's. The series was filmed over a four-month period, and edited for a year before airing. It is produced by ABC News with assistance from local ABC affiliate WCVB.
The series follows the professional and personal lives of the doctors and nurses working in three of Boston's best hospitals: Brigham & Women's, Children's Hospital Boston, and Massachusetts General Hospital.
An episode follows the doctors' and nurses' struggles with their personal life and how to save their patient.
The series was nominated for and won several awards:
- 2011 Emmy for Outstanding Editing (Nominated)
- 2012 CINE Special Jury Award
- 2012 CINE Golden Eagle Award
- 2012 CINE Master Series Award candidate
- 2011 The Donate Life Hollywood Inspire Awards
- "Two Years After the Peabody Award-Winning Medical Documentary Series "Hopkins," ABC News Debuts "Boston Med"". The Futon Critic. May 7, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "Boston Med". Metacritic. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- ABC News: Boston Med at the Wayback Machine (archived August 11, 2010) archived from https://web.archive.org/web/20100811003823/http://bostonmed.abcnews.go.com/
- Boston Med on IMDb
|This article relating to reality television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|