Boston Music Awards
Laurie Geltman Outstanding Female Vocalist
American Hi-Fi won the Rising Star award.
The So and So's won the Local Debut Album of the Year award.
Ray Lamontagne Best Male Singer/Songwriter, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year
The 2006 Boston Music Awards were held in the Avalon Ballroom on September 27, 2006. Awards included: Female Vocalist of the Year: Amanda Palmer (Dresden Dolls); Male Vocalist of the Year: Josh Ritter; Outstanding Pop/Rock Band: Dresden Dolls; Act of the Year: Dresden Dolls; Best New Local Act: HUMANWINE; Album of the Year (Indie): Misson of Burma – The Obliterati; Album of the Year (Major): Guster – Ganging Up On the Sun; Female Singer/Songwriter: Melissa Ferrick; Male Singer/Singwriter: Will Dailey; Hall of Fame Induction: Gang Green
The 2010 Boston Music Awards were presented on December 6, 2010, at the Liberty Hotel in Boston. Peter Wolf's Midnight Souvenirs won the prize for album of the year and Amanda Palmer was named artist of the year. The Dropkick Murphys were Live Artist of the Year, M-Dot was named Hip-Hop Artist of the year, Kingsley Flood won as New Artist of the Year, and "Living in America" by Dom won Song of the Year. In total, 32 awards were given.
Shea Rose R&B/Soul/Urban Contemporary Artist of the Year
Shea Rose Pop/R&B Artist of the Year
The 2015 Boston Music Awards were held on December 9, 2015 at the Sinclair in Cambridge. Awards included: Artist of the year: Speedy Ortiz; Album/EP of the year: Foil Deer by Speedy Ortiz; New Artist of the year: Palehound; Rock/Indie artist of the year: Dirty Bangs; Hip-hop artist of the year: Michael Christmas; Pop artist of the year: Ruby Rose Fox;International artist of the year: Shun Ng; Metal artist of the year: Worshipper; Jazz arist of the year: Lake Street Dive.
The 2016 Boston Music Awards will take place on December 8, 2016.
- Faraone, Chris (December 8, 2008), "Official Dispatch from the 2008 Boston Music Awards", Boston Phoenix.
- Reimer, Courtney (April 20, 2001), "Boston Music Awards Honor Godsmack, C60; American Hi-Fi, Staind, Aimee Mann among other award-winners at Beantown event", MTV News.
- Flynn, Rory (September 29, 2006). "Boston Music Awards at the Avalon Ballroom on September 27". Boston Globe. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- Gottlieb, Jed (December 7, 2010), "Peter Wolf, Amanda Palmer lead BMA winners", Boston Herald.
- Perry, Jonathan (December 6, 2010), "Uke in hand, Palmer tops Music Awards", Boston Globe.
- "2010 Boston Music Awards winners", Boston Globe, December 3, 2010.
- Reed, James (2015-12-10). "Speedy Ortiz cleans up at the Boston Music Awards". The Boston Globe.
- "The Boston Music Awards will take place... - Boston Music Awards | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
|This music event–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|