Boston Spa School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
|Motto||A path to the future for all|
|Type||Co-educational Secondary with specialist Sports status|
|Location||Clifford Moor Road
Boston Spa, Wetherby
|Local authority||City of Leeds|
|DfE URN||108091 Tables|
Boston Spa School is a coeducational secondary school for pupils aged 11–19 years old on Clifford Moor Road in Boston Spa, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, England. It is larger than other secondary schools in the area, with 1,880 students on roll, including 350 in the sixth form. Boston Spa and neighbouring Wetherby High School have large catchment areas and take pupils from much of north and east Leeds.
The school developed from the village secondary modern school on High Street. The school opened in 1973. It was made a specialist sports college in 2000, with outside backing from organisations such as Leeds United A.F.C. It has led to partnerships with the Leeds United male and female academies. The school's mission statement is summarised by its motto, 'A Path to the future for All'.
Location and student population
The school is located in a largely suburban and semi-rural area, approximately 4 miles (6 km) from Wetherby. The school community is predominantly White British. The largest minority ethnic groups are Indian and Pakistani. West Oaks School a Specialist Inclusive Learning Centre, is supported by the school with a base on the school site, enabling positive experiences and opportunities for the students of both schools.
The school was inspected by Ofsted on 9 and 10 May 2012, on the 'no notice' pilot, being notified the day before. It was judged to be a Grade 2 'Good school' with good judgements in each of four key areas in achievement, behaviour and safety.
*In addition to three Specialist Schools and Academies Trust awards for academic achievement the school has been awarded:
- Investors in People
- The Engineering Schools Award
- The Football Association National Charter Standard Award
- The International Schools Award
- Inclusion Chartermark
- The Stephen Lawrence Education Standard
|This section does not cite any references (sources). (November 2014)|
- Stephen Booth, cricketer
- Fabian Delph, professional footballer
- James Husband, professional footballer
- Aaron Lennon, professional footballer
- James Milner, professional footballer
- Jordan Tansey, professional rugby player
- Danny Williams, professional rugby player
- Alex Zane, comedian/TV Presenter
- http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/108091 Ofsted Report May 2012
Media related to Boston Spa School at Wikimedia Commons