Boston Township, Wayne County, Indiana
Location in Wayne County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||24.79 sq mi (64.2 km2)|
|• Land||24.67 sq mi (63.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.48%|
|Elevation||1,089 ft (332 m)|
|• Density||36/sq mi (14/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453131|
Boston Township was formed in 1835.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 24.79 square miles (64.2 km2), of which 24.67 square miles (63.9 km2) (or 99.52%) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2) (or 0.48%) is water. The streams of Boston Creek, Cream Run, Lick Creek and Tea Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains at least two cemeteries, Glen Haven Memorial Gardens and Elkhorn Cemetery. There are also a couple of small burial grounds in the southern part of the township.
Airports and landing strips
- Richmond Municipal Airport
- "Boston Township, Wayne County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files[permanent dead link]
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Young, Andrew White (1872). History of Wayne County, Indiana, from Its First Settlement to the Present Time. R. Clarke & Company. p. 151.
||Center Township||Wayne Township|
|Abington Township||Jackson Township, Preble County, Ohio|
|Brownsville Township, Union County||Harrison Township, Union County||Dixon Township, Preble County, Ohio|