Boston Township, Wayne County, Indiana
Location in Wayne County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||24.79 sq mi (64.2 km2)|
|• Land||24.67 sq mi (63.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.48%|
|Elevation||1,089 ft (332 m)|
|• Density||36/sq mi (14/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||453131|
Boston Township was formed in 1835.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 24.79 square miles (64.2 km2), of which 24.67 square miles (63.9 km2) (or 99.52%) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2) (or 0.48%) is water. The streams of Boston Creek, Cream Run, Lick Creek and Tea Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Locust Grove at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains at least two cemeteries, Glen Haven Memorial Gardens and Elkhorn Cemetery. There are also a couple of small burial grounds in the southern part of the township.
Airports and landing strips
- Richmond Municipal Airport
- "Boston Township, Wayne County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Young, Andrew White (1872). History of Wayne County, Indiana, from Its First Settlement to the Present Time. R. Clarke & Company. p. 151.