Boston Wine Festival
The Boston Wine Festival, founded by Chef Daniel Bruce in 1989 is held annually at the Boston Harbor Hotel, is one of the nation's longest-running wine and food pairing series. Spanning three and a half months and including multiple events each week, the Boston Wine Festival celebrated its twentieth anniversary in January 2009. Through the festival’s 20 plus year history more than 75,000 bottles of wine have been opened and Chef Bruce has never repeated a menu, totaling 3,000 different dishes at 750 dinners served.
For each Boston Wine Festival event, Chef Bruce invites wine makers to bring their most exclusive wines. He prepares a unique multi-course meal designed to complement the wines being served. He has served as executive chef of the Boston Harbor Hotel since 1989. Before he assumed leadership of the hotel, Chef Bruce served as executive chef of 21 Club in New York City. He was the youngest executive chef in the restaurant's history. Some of the wineries that participated in the 2009 milestone year included Caymus, Shafer, Silver Oak and Chateau Palmer. Chef Bruce expanded the festival to the Maison Dupuy in New Orleans, resulting in the French Quarter Wine Festival. In 2010, he launched the Capital Wine Festival at The Fairfax at Embassy Row in Washington, D.C. and the Berkeley Wine Festival at the Claremont Hotel Club and Spa in Berkeley, California.
- Food Network South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- Art of Food & Wine Palm Desert
- Tallahassee Wine and Food Festival
- San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival
- Naples Grape Festival
- Temecula Valley Balloon & Wine Festival
- The Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, Colorado has been running since 1983 and the Paso Robles Wine Festival in Paso Robles, California has been running since 1992
- "Chef Daniel Bruce’s 20th". Quarterly Review of Wine. Archived from the original on June 23, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
The Boston Harbor Hotel, one of the city’s two posh five-star properties, is celebrating its 20th Wine and Food Festival anniversary. It’s the longest-running wine and culinary show in the country, and it’s where one of Boston’s best chefs, Daniel Bruce, resides. ...
- "In good spirits". Boston Herald. December 31, 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
The annual event, which runs from January to April, brings together winemakers and wine enthusiasts over a series of dinners created by hotel Executive Chef Daniel Bruce.
- "We’ll Give the People More of What They Love". French Quarter Wine Festival. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
At another Pyramid property, the Boston Harbor Hotel, executive chef Daniel Bruce has spent twenty years creating something distinctive and ambitious in the culinary realm. The Boston Wine Festival is the nation's longest–running cuisine and wine pairing series. This annual program of special events runs for three months and includes more than fifty dinners, seminars and receptions that celebrate cuisine and wine pairing.
- "Chef Daniel Bruce". Meritage. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
- "Renowned Chef Daniel Bruce Reinvents a Legend at The Jockey Club". The Jockey Club. Archived from the original on October 8, 2011. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
Daniel Bruce has served as executive chef of the Boston Harbor Hotel for twenty years ... Chef Bruce served as executive chef of 21 in New York. Chef Bruce is the youngest person to have ever served as executive chef throughout that iconic restaurant’s history.
- English, Bella (January 14, 2009). "A toast to 20 years of wine". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
That's what chef Daniel Bruce is doing to mark the 20th anniversary of the Boston Wine Festival, which he cofounded and which kicked off this week. The nation's oldest [sic] wine and food series, the Boston Harbor Hotel's fest has spawned copycats around the country. ... The award-winning chef isn't resting on his laurels. Besides overseeing the hotel's Meritage and Intrigue restaurants, he started the French Quarter Wine Festival in New Orleans in 2007 and the Capitol Wine Festival in Washington, D.C., in 2010
- "French Quarter Wine Festival". Retrieved 2009-08-04.
The Maison Dupuy Hotel proudly presents the fourth annual 2010 French Quarter Wine Festival. Modeled after the prestigious Boston Wine Festival, the dinners, hosted by either the winemaker or proprietor, will showcase wines from the U.S. and Europe. Building on the success of previous years, Founder, Daniel Bruce, has invited eleven phenomenal wineries to participate.