Botafogo FC (Cape Verde)
|Full name||Botafogo Futebol Club|
|Nickname(s)||Os Petro E Brancos
The Black & Whites
|Founded||July 7, 1968|
|Ground||Estádio 5 de Julho
São Filipe, Fogo Island
|Chairman||Manuel Anatólio Dias Fonseca|
|League||Fogo Island League|
Botafogo Futebol Clube (Capeverdean Crioulo, ALUPEC or ALUPEK: Botafogu Futibol Klubi, Djarfogo: Botafogu Futebol Klubi) is football club that plays in the Fogo Island League in Cape Verde. It is based in the city of São Filipe in the island of Fogo and plays in its stadium. It is one of many teams that only a few titles before (including one in the 1960s) and since independence including one in 1980.
Its uniform features a white-black striped t-shirt with back shorts and black-white striped socks used for home games and black clothing with a green t-shirt for away games.
Its uniform in the early 2010s was a black-white striped t-shirt with black sleeves, shorts and socks and a black-red striped t-shirt with black clothing for away games.
Its logo contains a shield colored in black with the abbreviated form on the top and the date July 7, 1993 at the bottom representing the 25th anniversary of the foundation. Though the club was founded in 1968.
The team was inspired by Botafogo in Brazil for its creation, adopted its name and uniform according to the South American team. It was formed on July 7, 1968. The club celebrated its 25th anniversary and the date of anniversary would be put on the bottom of the team logo. The club also won 17 island clubs, the most in the island and one of the most of any island league in the country, their last was in 2010, one super cup and one opening tournament.
Their first number of titles was won in the 1970s and the 1980s. Their total number of island leagues titles would be surpassed by Académica Operária of the Boa Vista Island League in 2014 with 18 titles and now has 19 titles which was achieved in 2015.
Their only national title was won in 1980 and is the only club from the island of Fogo to win a single national title.
The 1976 competition faced with São Vicente's CS Mindelense, the first match was scoreless, Botafogo lost the final match 3–0, the 1978 and 1979 competitions were cancelled, the club returned in 1980 and again faced Mindelense, this time they defeated the club 2–1 and claimed their first and only title, Botafogo reappeared in 1981 and headed up to the finals with CS Mindelense, they failed their second title after losing 2–0, this was their final appearance in the finals. Botafogo finished 3rd in 2001 with 11 points, five years later in 2006, Botafogo scored two goals and lost to Académico do Aeroporto from Sal eight goals in two matches, the latter lost to six, their last was in 2010.
Its current president is Manuel Anatólio Dias Fonseca who he became on August 6, 2008
- 1975/76,, 1976/77, 1977/78, 1978/79, 1979/80, 1980/81, 1981/82, 1982/83, 1984/85, 1985/86, 1988/89, 1989/90, 1991/92, 1995/96, 2000/01, 2005/06, 2009/10
- São Filipe Municipal Tournament:
- 1979–80: 1st (Island and national)
- 1995–96: 1st (Island)
|2010||1A||5||5||1||2||2||8||13||-5||5||Did not advance||Did not participate|
|2005–06||2||1||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Winner||Promoted into the National Championships|
|2009–10||2||1||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Promoted into the National Championships|
- Best positiion: 1st (national)
- Best position at the cup competitions: 1st (regional)
- 'Number of appearances in the National Championships: 12
- Highest number of points in a season: 11
As of the 2011/12 season
- Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- as of the 2014–15 season
- "Pré época Fogo: "Botafogo é Botafogo" Mário Pinto". Criolosport. 24 October 2015. Retrieved 25 October 2015.
- ""Papa" títulos do Fogo regressa ao convívio dos grandes" (in Portuguese). Criolosport. 17 April 2006.
- Aguadinha – Manuel Anatólio Dias Fonseca é novo presidente do Botafogo August 6, 2008 (Portuguese)
- "São Filipe, Fogo: Botafogo conquista torneio do municipio atravês de sorteio". Futebol CV (in Portuguese).