Botany Town Centre
|Location||East Tamaki, Auckland, New Zealand|
|Address||Corner Ti Rakau Drive and Chapel Road|
|Opening date||May 2001|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Website||Botany Town Centre|
Botany Town Centre is located in Auckland, New Zealand and has approximately 200 shops spread across three complexes, and includes restaurants and entertainment buildings such as cinemas. It is situated at the corner of Ti Rakau Drive and Chapel Road in the suburb of East Tamaki, and was opened in 2001.
The centre has faced competition since the 2006 opening of the nearby Sylvia Park shopping centre in Mount Wellington, which was built as an enclosed mall. However, Botany Town Centre sees its town centre format as its strength, and considers that elements such as doctors' premises and a library make Botany more attractive.
In a 2008 rating of New Zealand shopping centres by a retail expert group, Botany Town Centre received three-and-a-half stars, just under the maximum rating of four stars, based on the criteria of amount of shopping area, economic performance, amenity and appeal as well as future growth prospects.
- "Botany Town Centre Heralds Retail Future". Scoop Independent News – scoop.co.nz. 3 May 2001. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- "Botany Town Centre". Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- South, Gill (4 November 2007). "Makeover of the shopping mall". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- Gibson, Anne (2008-07-07), From 'yahoo' to ho hum - how the shopping malls rate, The New Zealand Herald
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Botany Town Centre.|
- Botany Town Centre official website
- Photographs of Botany Town Centre held in Auckland Libraries' heritage collections.
|This article about a New Zealand building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|