|Township of Yangon|
|• Total||2.4 km2 (0.92 sq mi)|
|Elevation||2 m (6 ft)|
|• Density||18,000/km2 (46,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC6:30)|
|Postal codes||11161, 11162, 11163|
|Area code(s)||1 (mobile: 80, 99)|
Botataung Township (Burmese: ဗိုလ်တစ်ထောင် မြို့နယ် [bòtətʰàʊɴ mjo̰nɛ̀]; also Botahtaung Township) is an area of Yangon, Myanmar. Named after the Botahtaung Pagoda, the township consists of ten wards, and shares borders with Pazundaung Township is in the north and the east, Seikkan Township and Yangon River in the south, Kyauktada Township in the west and Mingala Taungnyunt township in the north.
The township has five primary schools, two middle schools, six high schools and a university. The township is home to three public and three private hospitals, including East Yangon General Hospital, one of the major hospitals in Yangon. One of the country's two Burmese language dailies Kyemon, is based out of here. (The township used to boast four national dailies--Kyemon, and the now defunct newspapers, The Botathaung and Loktha Pyithu Neizin, the Burmese language version of the Working People's Daily.)
As Botahtaung township was part of the original city plan implemented by the British, it still has many colonial era buildings. Some of the buildings and structures of "architectural significance" are now designated landmarks by the Yangon City Development Committee.
|Botahtaung Pagoda||Pagoda||Strand Road||Original arrival place of 8 strands of the Buddha hair relic. Today, contains one hair of the Buddha encased in a unique, hollow chedi restored after World War II. Also features a Buddha image recovered from the British in 1948.|
|Ciyin Baptist Church||Church||152 Bo Myat Tun Road|
|Compressor Station||233-237 Maha Bandula Road|
|Ministers' Building (Secretariat)||Government office||300 Theinbyu Road||The administrative center of the British government from 1889. The site of Gen. Aung San's assassination in 1947. No longer in use.|
|BEHS 2 Botahtaung||School||152 Bo Myat Tun Road||formerly, St. Peter's High School|
|BEHS 4 Botahtaung||School||300 Theinbyu Road||formerly, St. Mary's Convent School|
|BEHS 6 Botahtaung||School||Anawrahta Road||formerly, St. Paul's English High School|
|Printing & Publishing Enterprise||228 Theinbyu Road|
|St. Mary's Cathedral||Church||372 Bo Aung Kyaw Road||Largest cathedral in Myanmar|
- "Botahtaung Township". Yangon City Development Committee. Archived from the original on 2 October 2011. Retrieved 2008-11-30.
- "Pearl Land Favourite to Win Ygn Float Hotel Bid". Myanmar Update. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- "Pearl Land Co offers 100 million kyats monthly to win tender for hotel services". Weekly Eleven. 22 October 2012. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- "Special Reports: Heritage List". The Myanmar Times. 2001-10-29. Archived from the original on 15 June 2009.
- Walk through Yangon's Heritage: Six Historical Tours through downtown Yangon (Pamphlet). 22-24 Pansodan St., First Floor/Kauktada Township/Yangon, Myanmar: Yangon Heritage Trust and Yangon Directory.