Bottle of Red Wine
|"Bottle of Red Wine"|
|Song by Eric Clapton|
|from the album Eric Clapton|
|Genre||Rock and roll · Blues rock|
"Bottle of Red Wine" is an uptempo blues rock song, written and recorded by the British rock musician Eric Clapton for his eponymous studio album Eric Clapton in 1970 under Polydor Records. The recording was produced by Delaney Bramlett and is of a three-minute and six second duration. Polydor Records released the song as the B-side to the 1970 single release "Blues Power". The song is written in the key of C major, played with the blues scale. Music critic Robert Christgau notes, that the tune does not deserve a "classic status". The title is also included on the 1972 compilation album Eric Clapton at His Best.
- "Eric Clapton – Blues Power – austriancharts.at". Ö3 Austria Top 40 (in German). Steffen Hung – Hung Medien. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "Eric Clapton Blues Power German 7" vinyl single (7 inch record) (103975)". Eil Music. Eil.com. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "Bottle Of Red Wine Chords by Eric Clapton @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com". Ultimate-Guitar.Com. ultimate-guitar.com. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- Christgau, Robert. "Robert Christgau: CG: Eric Clapton". robertchristgau.com. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "Bottle of Red Wine – Eric Clapton | Song Info | AllMusic". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved October 22, 2015.