Edward Botterel was an early settler who arrived in the area c. 1888. The local post office operated from December 1, 1909 to March 31, 1969, and was named after Edward Botterel despite the erroneous spelling at its adoption. The error was never corrected and the current spelling is locally used.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-04-01). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- Karamitsanis, Aphrodite (1992). Place Names of Alberta – Volume II, Southern Alberta, University of Calgary Press, Calgary, Alberta.
- Read, Tracey (1983). Acres and Empires – A History of the Municipal District of Rocky View, Calgary, Alberta.
- Rocky View County's official website
- Rocky View County's community profile on Alberta First
- Calgary-Edmonton Corridor in Alberta
|This Calgary Metropolitan Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|