|"Elementary, My Dear Indy!"|
|Date||October 15, 2009|
|Hosted by||Jim Huang, Mike Bursaw|
Bouchercon is an annual convention of creators and devotees of mystery and detective fiction. It is named in honour of writer, reviewer, and editor Anthony Boucher; also the inspiration for the Anthony Awards, which have been issued at the convention since 1986. This page details Bouchercon XL and the 24th Anthony Awards ceremony.
The convention was held in Indianapolis, Indiana on October 15, 2009; running until the 18th. The event was chaired by critical / non-fiction writer and owner of The Mystery Company bookshop Jim Huang; and Mike Bursaw, owner of the Indianapolis "Mystery Mike's" book store.
- Lifetime Achievement award — Allen J. Hubin
- Guest of Honor — Michael Connelly
- Toastmaster — S. J. Rozan
- Honored Youth Author — Wendelin Van Draanen
- Fan Guest of Honor — Kathryn Kennison
- Sean Chercover, Trigger City
- William Kent Krueger, Red Knife
- Stieg Larsson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Louise Penny, The Cruelest Month
First novel award
- Rosemary Harris, Pushing Up Daisies
- Julie Kramer, Stalking Susan
- G. M. Malliet, Death of a Cozy Writer
- Tom Rob Smith, Child 44
Paperback original award
- Max Allan Collins, The First Quarry
- Christa Faust, Money Shot
- Vicki Lane, In a Dark Season
- P. J. Parrish, South of Hell
Short story award
- Dana Cameron, "The Night Things Changed", from Wolfsbane and Mistletoe
- Jane K. Cleland, "Killing Time", from Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine November 2008
- Toni L. P. Kelner, "Skull and Cross-Examinations", from Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine February 2008
- Laura Lippman, "Scratch a Woman", from Hardly Knew Her
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch, "The Secret Lives of Cats", from Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine July 2008
Critical / Non-fiction award
- Frankie Y. Bailey, African American Mystery Writers: A Historical and Thematic Study
- Kathy Lynn Emerson, How to Write Killer Historical Mysteries
- Kate Summerscale, The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: A Shocking Murder and the Undoing of a Great Victorian Detective
Young adult award
- John Green, Paper Towns
- Lauren Henderson, Kiss Me, Kill Me
- Trenton Lee Stewart, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey
- Wendelin Van Draanen, Sammy Keyes and the Cold Hard Cash
Cover art award
- David Rotstein; for Linda L. Richards, Death Was the Other Woman
- David Rotstein; for Elizabeth Zelvin, Death Will Get You Sober
- David Rotstein; for Louise Ure, The Fault Tree
- Steve Cooley; for Christa Faust, Money Shot
Special service award
- Ali Karim, Shots magazine
- David Montgomery
- Gary Warren Niebuhr
- Sarah Weinman
- "Bouchercon World Mystery Convention : Home". Bouchercon.info. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- Jacobsen, Teresa (November 4, 2010). "Bouchercon 2010 by the Bay: The World Series of Mystery". Libraryjournal.com. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- Don Babwin Associated Press (October 14, 2006). "Small bookstores fight back". Pantagraph.com. Retrieved February 27, 2012.
- "Bouchercon 2008 - CHARMED TO DEATH: September 2006". Bouchercon2008.blogspot.com. September 18, 2006. Retrieved February 27, 2012.
- "Bouchercon World Mystery Convention : Anthony Awards Nominees". Bouchercon.info. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- "The Rap Sheet: Finally, the Anthony Awards". Therapsheet.blogspot.com. October 17, 2009. Retrieved February 27, 2012.