|"Give Me Liberty or Give Me...Death"|
|Date||October 6, 1989|
|Hosted by||Deen Kogan & Jay Kogan|
Bouchercon is an annual convention of creators and devotees of mystery and detective fiction. It is named in honour of writer, reviewer, and editor Anthony Boucher; also the inspiration for the Anthony Awards, which have been issued at the convention since 1986. This page details Bouchercon XX and the 4th Anthony Awards ceremony.
- Lifetime Achievement award — Dorothy Salisbury Davis
- Guest of Honor — Simon Brett
- Fan Guests of Honor — William F. Deeck and Linda Toole
- Toastmaster — Bruce Taylor
- Distinguished Contribution award — Joan Kahn
The following list details the awards distributed at the fourth annual Anthony Awards ceremony.
- Dorothy Cannell, The Widows Club
- Sue Grafton, "E" Is for Evidence
- Tony Hillerman, A Thief of Time
- Sara Paretsky, Blood Shot
- Nancy Picard, Dead Crazy
- Bill Pronzini, Shackles
- Les Roberts, Pepper Pike
First novel award
- Mary Lou Bennett, Murder Once Done
- Caroline Graham, The Killings at Badger's Drift
- Linda Grant, Random Access Murder
- Gar Anthony Haywood, Fear of the Dark
- David Stout, Carolina Skeletons
Paperback original award
- Michael Avallone, High Noon at Midnight
- P.M. Carlson, Murder Unrenovated
- David Handler, The Man Who Died Laughing
- Lia Matera, A Radical Departure
- Sharyn McCrumb, Paying the Piper
- D.R. Meredith, Murder by Impulse
- Marilyn Wallace, Primary Target
- "Bouchercon World Mystery Convention : Home". Bouchercon.info. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- Jacobsen, Teresa (November 4, 2010). "Bouchercon 2010 by the Bay: The World Series of Mystery". Libraryjournal.com. Archived from the original on September 5, 2012. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "Philadelphia News". Weekly Press. July 15, 2009. Retrieved February 2, 2012.
- "Mystery writers have nothing to hide anymore". Beaver County Times. Google. November 9, 1989. Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- "Bouchercon World Mystery Convention : Anthony Awards Nominees". Bouchercon.info. October 2, 2003. Retrieved January 31, 2012.