The Saut du Bouchot
|Main source||Massif des Vosges|
|Progression||Moselotte→ Moselle→ Rhine→ North Sea|
|Basin size||56.9 km2 (22.0 sq mi)|
|Length||18.1 km (11.2 mi)|
The Bouchot is a river in the French region of Lorraine which flows in the Vosges department. It is a right tributary of the Moselotte, and thus a sub-tributary of the Rhine via the Moselotte and the Moselle.
The Bouchot rises in the Massif des Vosges, on a flank of the Tête de Grouvelin, a peak located within the commune of Gérardmer in the Bas-Rupts section. The Bouchot is thus also known as the ruisseau des Hauts-Rupts from its source to its confluence with the ruisseau des Bas-Rupts. It flows through Rochesson, follows Gerbamont, then flows into Sapois where the ruisseau de Menaurupt joins its right bank. After flowing though Vagney, it joins the right bank of the Moselotte.
The hydrological discharge of the Bouchot, measured at its confluence with the Moselle, is 1.96 cubic metres per second (69 cu ft/s) for a watershed of 56.9 square kilometres (22.0 sq mi). The runoff curve number in the watershed is 1,086 millimetres (42.8 in), which is very high, a characteristic shared with other rivers in the Vosges region. It is more than three times higher than the average for France including all basins, and also larger by a wide margin than the French basin of the Moselle, which is 445 millimetres (17.5 in) at Hauconcourt downstream of Metz ). The Bouchot's specific flow rate thus comes in very high, at 34.45 litres per second per square kilometre of watershed.
- Ruisseau des Bas Rupts
- Ruisseau de Creusegoutte
- Ruisseau de Noire-goutte
- Goutte de Jossonfaing
- Goutte de Battion
- Goutte de Plainfaing
- Goutte de Frimont
- Goutte du Herray
- Ruisseau de Peute-goutte
- Goutte Mathias
- Ruisseau de Menaurupt
- Ruisseau des Naufaings
- (French) Artistic photographs of cascades of the Vosges
- (French) French Sandre website (known on Sandre as ruisseau des Hauts Rupts (generic code A4150300)
- (French) "Characteristic flow rates of the Moselle upstream" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-11-21.
- (French) "Characteristic flow rates of the Bouchot" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-11-21.
- (French) "Characteristic flow rates of the Bouchot" (PDF). Archived November 21, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- (French) Banque Hydro - Station A7930610 - The Moselle at Hauconcourt