Boudreaux and Thibodeaux
Boudreaux and Thibodeaux, also known as Boudreau and Thibodeau, are jokes which make fun of slow-witted Cajuns. These jokes are a common tradition to the Southern Louisiana region and often feature a Cajun tone of speech. Some of the jokes can be very dirty. They have a history of social sharing and not all are written down in text.
Boudreaux and Thibodeaux are two fictional but humorous characters from Southern Louisiana experiencing life's trials and tribulations. Boudreaux has a wife named Marie and a dog named Phideaux, and Thibodeaux has a wife named Clotile. Similar jokes can be found with Ole and Lena jokes mocking Minnesotans, Akpos jokes mocking Nigerians, and also Zeke and Zeb jokes mocking Midwesterners. Some jokes can be just a few sentences long, while others much more involved and greater in length.
- "When Boudreaux got home yesterday, Clotile ran out to him saying, "The car's got water in the carburetor!", "How you know that, you?", "Cause it's parked in the Bayou!""
- "Boudreaux was walking down the wharf and he met up with Thibodeaux. He says to Thibodeaux, "Hey podna, how y'all are?" Thibodaux says, "Mais, OK." Boudreaux says, "And how's your wife?" Thibodeaux says, "Mais, my wife's an angel." Boudreaux says, "You lucky, my wife's still living!""
- "The Kings of Comedy: The Marx Brothers". FlickSided. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- "Boudreaux & Thibodeaux Cajun Humor/New Jokes Page". cajunguy20.tripod.com. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "They're not deaus guys: Exploring 'Boudreau and Thibodeau's Cajun Cookin' '". Star Tribune. May 16, 2016. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- Maloney, Ann (October 16, 2018). "Chef Isaac Toups' exuberant, new cookbook puts you in a Cajun kitchen". NOLA.com. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- Boudreaux, Larry (1999). Dat Boudreaux Ain't Me, It's Ma Cousin. Boudreaux Cajun General Store. ISBN 0967600200.
- Eccher, Marino (2016-05-18). "Boudreau and Thibodeau are the stars of their own Cajun jokes". Twin Cities Pioneer Press. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- "Da Joke of Da Day". Boudreaux and Thibodeaux Jokes. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
|This article about a fictional character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|