Boulder Media Limited
|Headquarters||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
Number of employees
Boulder Media Limited (also known as Boulder Media) is an Irish animation studio. Boulder Media is best known for producing select episodes of the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends series for Cartoon Network. Another project, The Amazing World of Gumball, was produced by Boulder and Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe for the show's first season. They also produced the animation for season 2 of Wander Over Yonder. They also animate the 2015 series of Danger Mouse.
Boulder Media was founded in 2000 by Robert Cullen. In July 2016, it became a wholly owned subsidiary of Hasbro. The company announced a second studio space in Dublin would be opened in August 2017 for additional project staff.
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Cartoon Network) in collaboration with Cartoon Network Studios
- El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera (Nickelodeon) in collaboration with Nickelodeon Animation Studio
- The Amazing World of Gumball (Cartoon Network) in association with Cartoon Network Development Studio Europe (season 1)
- Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja (Disney XD) co-produced with Titmouse, Inc. and Disney Channel's EMEA’s London-based content hub
- Wander Over Yonder (Disney XD) (season 2)
Current and Upcoming
- Danger Mouse revival (BBC) in collaboration with FremantleMedia
- Go Jetters (CBeebies)
- Funky Fables (CBeebies)
- Littlest Pet Shop: UNLeashed (YouTube webseries for late 2017; TV series in 2018) (Hasbro Studios)
- Untitled Transformers animated film (Hasbro Studios)
- Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy (Hasbro Studios)
- Micronauts (Hasbro Studios)
- Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz (Warner Bros.)
- My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Summertime Shorts (Hasbro Studios) (with the exception of the music videos, which are still done by DHX Media)
- Craig of the Creek (TBA 2018) for Cartoon Network
- Transformers: Cyberverse (2018-2019) (Hasbro Studios)
- Schwindt, Oriana (July 13, 2016). "Hasbro Acquires Dublin-Based Animation Studio Boulder Media". Variety. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- Linnane, Ciara (July 13, 2016). "Hasbro Buys Irish Animation Company Boulder Media". Fox Business.com. Fox Business. MarketWatch Pulse. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- "Boulder Media Announces Plans To Open Second Studio Space in Dublin". Hot Press. 7 June 2017. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- Galuppo, Mia (July 13, 2016). "Hasbro Acquires Irish Animation Studio Boulder Media". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- Amidi, Amid (July 14, 2016). "Hasbro Gets Serious About Animation With Acquisition Of Ireland's Boulder Media". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- Goldman Getzler, Wendy (September 13, 2013). "David Levine, Randy Cunningham series both receive Disney promotions". Kid Screen. Brunico Communications Ltd. Retrieved July 14, 2016.