Bound Brook (NJT station)
Bound Brook Station station in April 2015.
|Location||350 East Main Street,
Bound Brook, New Jersey
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||Somerset County Transportation:
|Passengers (2012)||622 (average weekday)|
Bound Brook Station
|Location||E. Main St., Bound Brook, New Jersey|
|Area||1.5 acres (0.61 ha)|
|Architectural style||Classical Revival|
|MPS||Operating Passenger Railroad Stations TR|
|NRHP Reference #||84002787|
|Added to NRHP||June 22, 1984|
Bound Brook is a New Jersey Transit railroad station on the Raritan Valley Line, in Bound Brook, New Jersey. The station building on the north side of the tracks is now a restaurant; the other station building on the south side is now privately owned. A pedestrian tunnel connects the south and north sides of the tracks.
The Norfolk and Southern Railroad's Lehigh Line, the railraod's main freight line into the New York City area, (built and formerly owned by the Lehigh Valley Railroad) is a few yards south of the south platform and is used by around 25 freight trains a day.
The station at 350 East Main Street was built in 1913 as a replacement station. This was a part of the Central Railroad of New Jersey Elevation Project from Elizabeth to Somerville (grade crossing removal). The station on the north side of the tracks replaced the original station (circa 1847-8) that was located on the south side of the tracks as built by the railroad then known as The Elizabethtown & Somerville Railroad.
Bound Brook station was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on June 22, 1984, along with over 100 other railroad stations within the state.
|■ Raritan Valley Line||toward High Bridge (Bridgewater)|
|■ Raritan Valley Line||toward Pennsylvania Station, Hoboken or New York (Dunellen)|
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- Central Railroad of New Jersey
- Media related to Bound Brook (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
- NJT rail station information page for Bound Brook
- DepartureVision real time train information for Bound Brook
- Raritan Valley Line schedule
- world.nycsubway.org - NJT Raritan Line
- Station from Google Maps Street View