Bourbonnais Township, Kankakee County, Illinois
Location in Kankakee County
Kankakee County's location in Illinois
|Established||May 9, 1853|
|• Supervisor||Lonnie Kolwelter|
|• Total||42.61 sq mi (110.4 km2)|
|• Land||42.25 sq mi (109.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.37 sq mi (1.0 km2) 0.87%|
|Elevation||699 ft (213 m)|
|• Density||950.1/sq mi (366.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60901, 60914, 60915, 60950|
|GNIS feature ID||0428696|
Bourbonnais Township (pronounced // or //) is one of seventeen townships in Kankakee County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 40,137 and it contained 15,153 housing units.
Bourbonnais is the home of Olivet Nazarene University, a private liberal arts Christian college affiliated with the Church of the Nazarene. Bourbonnais and Olivet Nazarene University are also the summer home of the Chicago Bears, who hold their summer training camp at Olivet.
Bourbonnais Township was formerly a township of Will County until Kankakee County was created in 1853.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 42.61 square miles (110.4 km2), of which 42.25 square miles (109.4 km2) (or 99.16%) is land and 0.37 square miles (0.96 km2) (or 0.87%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Manteno Township (north)
- Sumner Township (northeast)
- Ganeer Township (east)
- Aroma Township (southeast)
- Kankakee Township (south)
- Limestone Township (southwest)
- Rockville Township (northwest)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Maternity BVM, Smith, and All Saints'.
Airports and landing strips
- Karlock Airport
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at 1350 Armour Road, Bourbonnais, Illinois 60914.
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State House District 79
- State Senate District 38
- State Senate District 40
- Bradley Elementary School District 61
- Bourbonnais Elementary School District 53
- Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School District 307
- Kankakee School District 111
- Manteno Community Unit School District 5
- Momence Community Unit School District 1
- "Bourbonnais Township, Kankakee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Define Bourbonnais at Dictionary.com". Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.