Bournvita, previously called Bourn-vita, is a brand of malted and chocolate malt drink mixes manufactured by Cadbury, a subsidiary of Mondelez International. It is sold in Europe and North America, as well as India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Benin and Togo. Bournvita was developed in England in the late 1920s and was marketed as a health food. The original recipe included full-cream milk, fresh eggs, malt and chocolate.[a] It was first manufactured and sold in Australia in 1933. Bournvita was discontinued in the UK market in 2008. The drink was named by Cadbury which was derived from Bournville, the model village which is the site of the Cadbury factory (Bourn + Vita). It was first sold in India in 1948, the same year Cadbury India was established. Sugar is the majority constituent of Bournvita.
- "Bournvita is a little more complicated. The cocoa is mixed with malt, glucose, sugar and egg, the resultant 'goo' being pumped into a continuous vacuum band drier. When dried the result is a 'honeycomb' sheet which when granulated can be packed as Bournvita."
- Woods, N. (2014). Describing Discourse: A Practical Guide to Discourse Analysis. Hodder Arnold Publication. Taylor & Francis. p. 9. ISBN 978-1-4441-1668-7. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- Business India. A.H. Advani. 1999. p. 90. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- Hund, W.D.; Pickering, M.; Ramamurthy, A. (2013). Colonial Advertising & Commodity Racism. Racism analysis / Series B: Yearbook. Lit Verlag. p. 191. ISBN 978-3-643-90416-4. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- Verma, H.V. (2006). Brand Management: Text and Cases. Excel Books. p. 351. ISBN 978-81-7446-480-4. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- Hollis, N. (2008). The Global Brand: How to Create and Develop Lasting Brand Value in the World Market. St. Martin's Press. p. 25. ISBN 978-0-230-61541-0. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- Logistics Management. Pearson. p. 281. ISBN 978-81-317-1055-5. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- Manufacture of Food & Beverages (2nd Edn.). NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES. 2012. p. 77. ISBN 978-93-81039-11-3. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- Engineering. Office for Advertisements and Publication. 1969. p. 289. Retrieved December 9, 2017.
- "28 Apr 1933 - NEW HEALTH-FOOD - Trove". Nla.gov.au. 1933-04-28. Retrieved 2017-12-09.
- "Mondelez International - Brands". Archived from the original on 2015-11-19. Retrieved 2015-10-30.