|Headquarters||Kuwait City |
Although several share holding companies (such as NBK in 1952) existed in Kuwait prior to the creation of the Kuwait Stock Exchange, it was not until October 1962 that a law was passed to organize the country's stock market. In April 1977, the stock exchange was initiated and it was named as the Kuwait Stock Exchange (KSE) in 1983.
The stock market in Kuwait is regulated by four bodies: the KSE, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank of Kuwait. The KSE is also among the first and largest stock exchanges in the Persian Gulf region.
Its name changed to Boursa Kuwait in 2016.
- Nabeel Al Loughani; David Chappell (2001). "Modelling the day-of-the-week effect in the Kuwait Stock Exchange: a nonlinear GARCH representation". Applied Financial Economics. 11 (4): 353. doi:10.1080/096031001300313910.
- Kuwait Banking & Financial Market Handbook. Int'l Business Publications. 7 February 2007. p. 65. ISBN 978-1-4330-2831-1. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- Boursa Kuwait Official Website
- Kuwait Stock Exchange previous website
- Kuwait Stock Exchange website's List of Listed Companies