The town hall of Boutigny-sur-Essonne
|• Mayor (2014-)||Daniel Denibas|
|Area1||16.20 km2 (6.25 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||91099 /91820|
|Elevation||57–147 m (187–482 ft)
(avg. 60 m or 200 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
To see in Boutigny: the golf course of Belesbat and its 17th-century old castle, cressonières, edges of the Essonne.
Inhabitants of Boutigny-sur-Essonne are known as Botignacois.
It is located 47 kilometers south-east of Paris, between Étampes and Corbeil-Essonnes. It is 23 kilometers south west of Evry, 16 kilometers east of Etampes, 6 kilometers south of La Ferté-Alais, 8 kilometers north west of Milly-la-Forêt, 20 kilometers south east of Arpajon, 21 kilometers south west of Corbeil-Essonnes, 24 kilometers south east of Montlhéry, 29 kilometers south east of Dourdan, 32 kilometers south east of Palaiseau. It is also located 67 kilometers away south west of its homonym Boutigny and Seine-et-Marne and 68 kilometers south east of Boutigny-Prouais in Eure-et-Loir department.
- Decorated cave of Malabry
- Boutigny-sur-Essonne was awarded by three flowers during the most flowered village and city competition. Water banks of Essonne and the woods surrounding the village have been listed to sensitive natural space by the conseil général de l'Essonne.
Boutigny-sur-Essonne is accessible by suburban train: the RER D, direction Malesherbes, Boutigny-sur-Essonne Station.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Boutigny-sur-Essonne.|
- Official website (in French)
- Mérimée database - Cultural heritage (in French)
- Land use (IAURIF)[permanent dead link] (in English)
|This Essonne geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|