Boves is a commune in the Somme department in Picardie in northern France.
Boves is situated on the D935 and D116 road junction, on the banks of the river Avre, some 5 miles (8 km) southeast of Amiens.
Historical population of Boves, Somme
|From the year 1962 on: No double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.
- c640 : The birthplace of Saint Godeberta
- c1166 : The birthplace of medieval author Jean de Boves.
- July 1185 : Philippe-Auguste signed the treaty acquiring part of Picardy.
- August 1835 : Victor Hugo visited the ruins of the château.
Places of interest
- Ruins of the fortified 12th-century château
- Notre-Dame de la Nativité church
- ‘’Saint-Ladre’’ marshland nature reserve
The sign at the entrance to the village
The church, built at the foot of the chalk cliffs.
Rue Victor Hugo, the main street
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Boves.