|Birth name||Abovi Ugboma|
|Born||25 September 1979|
Benin City, Nigeria
|Spouse||Kris Asimonye Ugboma|
|Notable works and roles|
Early life and education
Bovi Ugboma was born in Benin City, the capital of Edo State. He attended UNIBEN staff school for his primary education. In 1991, he was enrolled into Government College, Ughelli in Delta State. For disciplinary reasons and fear from his parents of his development as a youth, he was removed from boarding school and transferred to Edokpolor grammar school in Benin city where they lived. That move proved non-productive and he moved to his third secondary school, Boys model secondary school, Onicha Olona, an all boarding school. After completing his secondary education, he gained admission in 1998 to Delta State University where he studied Theatre Arts.
Bovi began his career in April 2007, starring in the sitcom Extended Family, which he also wrote and produced.  The show was very popular, and by 2008 Bovi was an emerging force in comedy shows and events throughout Nigeria. He got his big break as a stand-up comedian in Nite of 1000 Laughs organized by Opa Williams. In 2013, his first stand-up special held at the prestigious Eko convention center. He would go on to stage the sequel in 2014. Bovi- Man on Fire 2014 also featured international superstars Ja Rule and Ashanti. Bovi took the one-man special to several cities in the United States, London, Melbourne, and Toronto. In 2017, after a three year hiatus, the Man on Fire franchise returned to Lagos and it was the most successful yet. The fourth edition in Lagos held in April 2019 and Bovi insists it is the last of the man on Fire franchise. He says his next special will go by another title. Bovi began a series titled "BACK TO SCHOOL" in 2018 which he uploads in his YouTube channel. Bovi has worked alongside other Nigerian comedians such as I Go Dye, I Go Save, Basketmouth, Buchi, Odogwu, Okey Bakassi Julius Agwu and many others.
Bovi premiered his first movie It's Her Day on 9 September 2016. He was nominated for the AMVCA awards as the best actor in comedy; his third individual nomination since the inception of the AMVCA and the fourth from his works. The movie, though lacking in mainstream publicity, went on to have a decent run in the cinemas and grossed 55 million naira at the box office. He wrote and featured in the 2021 comedy movie My Village People.
Awards and nominations
|2021||Net Honours||Most Popular Comedian||Won|||
- SilverbirdsTV (17 February 2014). "Comedy: Bovi says he's not an overnight success". SilverbirdsTV. Archived from the original on 26 February 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- View Nigeria (8 July 2014). "Bovi Tells Us A Secret + A Revealing Birthday Message For Richard Mofe Damijo". View Nigeria. Archived from the original on 3 October 2017. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Daily Times NG (10 March 2013). "Comedian Bovi Ugboma Stages 'Man on Fire' tonight". Daily Times NG. Archived from the original on 19 April 2013. Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- nationaldailyng (14 February 2012). "BIG BOY BOVI". nationaldailyng. Archived from the original on 25 September 2013. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- dailyindependentnig (13 March 2013). "I am my biggest competition – Bovi". dailyindependentnig. Archived from the original on 12 March 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- Modern Ghana (10 February 2014). "Bovi Ugboma Denies Saying He Is Richer Than Celebrities Who Are Endorsed". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- Modern Ghana (12 March 2013). "The Bovi Ugboma Show". Modern Ghana. Archived from the original on 26 February 2014. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- Punchng (31 March 2013). "I would have been a footballer –Bovi". Punchng. Archived from the original on 31 March 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Editor, Online (7 October 2016). "Bovi's Movie Premiere "It's Her Day"". THISDAYLIVE. Retrieved 5 December 2017.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "76', 93 days, top AMVCA nominations (Full nominee list)". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- Nwogu, Precious (31 May 2021). "Watch the official trailer for 'My Village People'". Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 8 June 2021.
- "Net Honours – The Class of 2021". Nigerian Entertainment Today. Retrieved 7 September 2021.