Bovi at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards in July 2014.
|Birth name||Abovi Ugboma|
|Born||September 25, 1979|
Benin City, Edo, Nigeria
|Education||Uniben Staff School [Primary], Government College, Ughelli, Edokpolor Grammar School, Benin and Boys Model secondary School, Onicha-Olona, Delta State [Secondary]|
|Alma mater||Delta State University, Abraka|
|Years active||Since 2007|
|Spouse||Kris Asimonye Ugboma|
|Children||David and Elena Ugboma|
|Notable works and roles||Extended Family [Sitcom], The Bovi Ugboma Show [Sitcom], Bovi: Man On Fire [Stand Up Comedy]|
Bovi is a Nigerian comedian, actor, and writer from Delta State, Nigeria. He has organized popular stand-up comedy concerts like Bovi Man on Fire across the globe. He began his career in 2007 and since then, has written several sitcoms and organised popular concerts. Bovi began his stand-up comedy Man on Fire in 2013 which has been hosted in Nigeria and across the globe.
Early life and education
Bovi Ugboma was born in Benin City, the capital of Edo state , Nigeria. He attended UNIBEN staff school for his primary education. In 1991, he was enrolled into Government college, Ughelli in Delta State. For disciplinary reasons and fear from his parents of his development as a youth, he was removed from boarding house and transferred to Edokpolor grammar school in benin city where they lived. That move proved non-productive and he moved to his third secondary school, Boys model secondary school, Onicha-Olona, an all boarding school. After completing his secondary education, he gained admission in 1998 to Delta State University where he studied Theatre Arts.
Bovi began his career in April 2007, starring in the sitcom Extended Family, which he also wrote and produced.  The show was very popular, and by 2008 Bovi was an emerging force in comedy shows and events throughout Nigeria. He got his big break as a stand-up comedian in Nite of 1000 Laughs organized by Opa Williams.in 2013, his first stand-up special held at the prestigious Eko convention center. He would go on to stage the sequel in 2014. Bovi- man on Fire 2014 also featured international superstars Ja Rule and Ashanti. Bovi took the one man special to several cities in the United States, London, Melbourne, and Toronto. In 2017, after a three year hiatus, the man on Fire franchise returned to Lagos and it was the most successful yet. The fourth edition in Lagos held in april 2019 and Bovi insists its the last of the man on Fire franchise. He says his next special will go by another title. Bovi began a series titled "BACK TO SCHOOL" in 2018 which he uploads in hisYouTube channel. Bovi has worked alongside other Nigerian comedians such as I Go Dye, I Go Save, Basketmouth, Buchi, Odogwu, Okey Bakassi, Julius Agwu and many others.
Bovi premiered his first movie "It's Her Day" on the 9th of September 2016. He got nominated for the AMVCA awards as the best actor in comedy; his third individual nomination since the inception of the AMVCA and the fourth from his works. The movie, though lacking in mainstream publicity went on to have a decent run in the cinemas and grossed 55 million naira at the box office. 
|Ben tv awards||comedian of the year|
|2014||Nigerian entertainment awards|
|Comedian of the year 2014, 2015, 2016||Naija comedy awards|
|comedian of the year 2014, 2015||dynamix youth awards|
|Comedian of the year 2010|
- SilverbirdsTV (February 17, 2014). "Comedy: Bovi says he's not an overnight success". SilverbirdsTV. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- View Nigeria (July 8, 2014). "Bovi Tells Us A Secret + A Revealing Birthday Message For Richard Mofe Damijo". View Nigeria. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Daily Times NG (March 10, 2013). "Comedian Bovi Ugboma Stages 'Man on Fire' tonight". Daily Times NG. Archived from the original on April 19, 2013. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- nationaldailyng (February 14, 2012). "BIG BOY BOVI". nationaldailyng. Archived from the original on September 25, 2013. Retrieved February 14, 2012.
- dailyindependentnig (March 13, 2013). "I am my biggest competition – Bovi". dailyindependentnig. Archived from the original on March 12, 2013. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- Modern Ghana (February 10, 2014). "Bovi Ugboma Denies Saying He Is Richer Than Celebrities Who Are Endorsed". Modern Ghana. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- Modern Ghana (March 12, 2013). "The Bovi Ugboma Show". Modern Ghana. Archived from the original on February 26, 2014. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Punchng (March 31, 2013). "I would have been a footballer –Bovi". Punchng. Archived from the original on March 31, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Editor, Online (October 7, 2016). "Bovi's Movie Premiere "It's Her Day"". THISDAYLIVE. Retrieved December 5, 2017.
- "76', 93 days, top AMVCA nominations (Full nominee list)". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved December 5, 2017.