Bowen Hills railway station
Northbound view from Platform 2 in July 2012
|Location||Abbotsford Road, Bowen Hills|
|Owned by||Queensland Rail|
|Operated by||City network|
|Distance||2.66 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 islands)|
|Station code||600005 (platform 1)|
600000 (platform 2)
600002 (platform 3)
600007 (platform 4)
|Fare zone||go card 1|
There have been three railways stations named Bowen Hills. The first from 1882 to 1889 was near Campbell Street. In 1890, a new station opened at the south end of the Abbotsford Road tunnel. In 1971, to allow for the Mayne marshalling yards to be expanded, Bowen Hill and Mayne Junction stations were closed with a new Bowen Hills station opening in 1973.
In October 1904, Archibald Kerr, a 16-year-old boy, fell from a moving train near Bowen Hills station; the boy died from the injury to the back of his head caused by the fall. At the time, the train driver was not aware of the event until he was told about it by the signalman on the train's return journey at Brunswick Street station. The train gate was blamed as the cause of the accident at first, but after the gate was found to be in working order, the cause of the accident wasn't known.
Bowen Hills station is served by Airport, Beenleigh, Caboolture, Doomben, Ferny Grove, Redcliffe Peninsula, Shorncliffe, Springfield and Sunshine Coast line services. Also see Inner City timetable It is adjacent to the Mayne Stabling Yards, with many services terminating here.
Services by platform
|1||Airport||City, Beenleigh & Varsity Lakes|||
|Doomben||City & Park Road|||
|City & Cleveland||Evening peak only|
|Beenleigh||City & Beenleigh|||
|Shorncliffe||City & Cleveland|||
|2||Airport||Brisbane Airport Domestic|||
|Ferny Grove||Ferny Grove|||
|Shorncliffe||Northgate & Shorncliffe|||
|3||Caboolture||City, Springfield Central, Ipswich & Rosewood|||
|Redcliffe Peninsula||City, Springfield Central & Ipswich|||
|Sunshine Coast||City, Springfield Central & Ipswich|||
|Sunshine Coast||Nambour & Gympie North|||
- Bowen Hills & Mayne Centre for Queensland Government
- "Roma Street - Bowen Hills Quadruplication Update" Railway Digest March 1995 page 14
- "Inner City Rail Expansion" Railway Digest July 1995 page 17
- "Additional City Tunnels & Track Commissioned" Railway Digest July 1996 page 17
- "Bowen Hills Railway Fatality". The Brisbane Courier. 18 October 1904. p. 4. Retrieved 20 April 2010.
- "Airport/Gold Coast Line timetable". TransLink. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Beenleigh Line timetable". TransLink. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Caboolture Line timetable". TransLink. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Doomben Line timetable". TransLink. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Ferny Grove Line timetable". TransLink. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Redcliffe Peninsula Line timetable". TransLink. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Shorncliffe Line timetable". TransLink. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Sunshine Coast Line timetable". TransLink. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Inner City timetable" (PDF). TransLink. 24 July 2017. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- South East Queensland Stabling Program Department of Transport & Main Roads
- Bowen Hills Platform 1 TransLink
- Bowen Hills Platform 2 TransLink
- Bowen Hills Platform 3 TransLink
- Bowen Hills Platform 4 TransLink