|Owner||Port of Grays Harbor|
|Elevation AMSL||18 ft / 5 m|
Bowerman Airport (IATA: HQM, ICAO: KHQM, FAA LID: HQM), also known as Bowerman Field, is a public use airport located 2 miles (3 km) west of the central business district of Hoquiam, a city in Grays Harbor County, Washington, United States. It is owned by the Port of Grays Harbor. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is classified as a general aviation airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Bowerman Airport covers an area of 145 acres (59 ha) at an elevation of 18 feet (5 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 6/24 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,000 by 150 feet (1,524 m × 46 m).
For the 12-month period ending May 31, 2011, the airport had 24,625 aircraft operations, an average of 69 per day: 97% general aviation and 3% military. At that time there were 25 aircraft based at this airport, all single-engine. Bowerman Field airport is the only jet-capable airport on the Washington coast and also is the only with instrument landing approach equipment for bad weather operations.
- "Bowerman Field". Port of Grays Harbor. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- FAA Airport Master Record for HQM ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- "Bowerman Field (HQM) - Hoquiam". Airport Directory. Washington State DOT. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 5 (PDF, 1.18 MB) Archived June 6, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- Aerial photo as of 21 June 1990 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for HQM, effective June 21, 2018
- Resources for this airport: