Jump to navigation Jump to search
Structure and Lakshana
The notes in this scale are 'shuddha rishabham, antara gandharam, panchamam and shuddha dhaivatam in arohana and additional kakali nishadham in avarohanam.
- Sriman Narayana in Adi talam composed by Annamacharya, is well known in this raga
- Melukovayya in Jhampa talam composed by Tyagaraja, an utsava sampradaya kriti is well known in this raga.
- Tappulanniyu in Rupakam composed by Muthiah Bhagavatar
- Parvati Nayaka in Adi talam composed by Swati Tirunal
- Karunanidhiye thaye in Misra Chapu composed by Papanasam Sivan 
- Ekkadi Manusha Janmam in Adi talam composed by Annamacharya
- Sri Parvati Parameshvarau in Adi Talam composed by Muthuswami Dikshitar
This section covers the theoretical and scientific aspect of this rāgam.
- Revagupti is a rāgam which has a symmetrical scale matching the ascending scale of Bowli (nishadham is entirely omitted). Its ārohaṇa-avarohaṇa structure is S R1 G3 P D1 S : S D1 P G3 R1 S
- Ragas in Carnatic music by Dr. S. Bhagyalekshmy, Pub. 1990, CBH Publications
- Raganidhi by P. Subba Rao, Pub. 1964, The Music Academy of Madras