Bowling Green, Kentucky metropolitan area
|Bowling Green Metro|
|Bowling Green Metropolitan Area|
|Largest city||Bowling Green|
|Other cities|| - Brownsville
- Smiths Grove
|• Total||548 sq mi (1,420 km2)|
|Highest elevation||Pilot Knob 935 ft (285 m)|
|Lowest elevation||Confluence of the Green
and Barren Rivers
395 ft (120 m)
|• Total||165,732 (2,014)|
|• Rank||246th in the U.S.|
|• Density||220.06/sq mi (54.4/km2)|
The Bowling Green Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of four counties in Kentucky, anchored by the city of Bowling Green. As of 2014, the MSA had an estimated population of 165,732.
- Bowling Green (Principal city)
- Plum Springs
- Smiths Grove
- Bee Spring
- Big Reedy
- Chalybeate Springs
- Rocky Hill
As of the census of 2000, there were 104,166 people, 40,013 households, and 26,873 families residing within the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 88.25% White, 7.68% African American, 0.26% Native American, 1.21% Asian, 0.07% Pacific Islander, 1.19% from other races, and 1.35% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.43% of the population.
The median income for a household in the MSA was $30,782, and the median income for a family was $38,493. Males had a median income of $29,417 versus $19,968 for females. The per capita income for the MSA was $16,664.
- "Pilot Knob". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved on 2010-12-23
- Groundwater Resources of Warren County, Kentucky Retrieved on 2010-12-23
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-05-04. Retrieved 2015-05-20.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.