Bowling Green Ballpark
300 8th Avenue|
Bowling Green, KY 42101
|Owner||City of Bowling Green|
|Operator||Triple Play, LLC.|
Left Field: 318 ft (97 m)|
Center Field: 400 ft (122 m)
Right Field: 326 ft (99 m)
|Broke ground||June 4, 2008|
|Opened||April 17, 2009|
($31.9 million in 2017 dollars)
|Structural engineer||Haris Engineering, Inc.|
|General contractor||Alliance Corporation|
Bowling Green Hot Rods (MWL) (2009–present)|
Bowling Green Ballpark is a 4,559-seat stadium in Downtown Bowling Green, Kentucky. It is primarily used for baseball and is home to the Bowling Green Hot Rods of the Midwest League of Minor League Baseball. This state-of-the-art stadium opened with Citizens First Opening Night on April 17, 2009 to a standing room only crowd of 6,886. The Bowling Green Hot Rods defeated the Kannapolis Intimidators 8-4 in this much anticipated opening game that brought professional baseball to Bowling Green for the first time in 67 years. Many ceremonial "first" pitches were thrown, and the starting lineup of the Hot Rods were driven onto the field by locally owned vintage Hot Rods. The offices for the Bowling Green Hot Rods and several other touches were finally completed after the 2009 season.
Bowling Green Ballpark was designed by architectural firm DLR Group. The outfield wall in Bowling Green Ballpark is unique in that it is concave in right-center because of the shape of a pre-existing road behind the field. The large video board in right-center includes a 16-foot by 32-foot video screen, one of the largest in the minor leagues. The screen is capable of displaying high-definition video. Embedded in the left field wall is a 6-foot by 68-foot LED display board, behind which is a picnic area named Home Run Grill. There are two grass lawn seating areas- one in left-center and one at the right field line. The kids play area boasts inflatables customized with the Hot Rods' logo. The Club on 8th is a bar located on suite level directly behind home plate. Also on the suite level are 10 suites, the champions suite, and a party deck.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Community Development Project. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved January 2, 2018.
- "Sports Projects". Haris Engineering. Retrieved September 30, 2011.
- Knight, Graham. "Bowling Green Ballpark - Bowling Green Hot Rods". Baseball Pilgrimages. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- "Kentucky vs WKU (Mar 21, 2017)". Western Kentucky University. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Kentucky vs Western Kentucky (Mar 21, 2017)". University of Kentucky. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "Seating Chart". Minor League Baseball. February 4, 2009. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "2011-12 Championships". Sun Belt Conference. Archived from the original on September 20, 2011. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- Bishop, Chad (May 27, 2012). "ULM Claims Sun Belt Conference Championship". Bowling Green Daily News. Archived from the original on May 28, 2012. Retrieved May 27, 2012.