Bowling Green City School District
Parts of this article (those related to openings and closures) need to be updated.(November 2012)
|Bowling Green City School District|
|Type||Public School District|
|Location||Bowling Green, Ohio, U.S.|
Bowling Green City Schools is a school district in northwest Ohio, the United States. The school district serves students who live in the city of Bowling Green located in Wood County including the villages of Portage, Rudolph, Milton Center and Custar. Dr. Ann McVey took over as Superintendent in January 2011, replacing Hugh Caumartin who retired in December 2010 after 13½ years as Superintendent. In 2009, Bowling Green Middle School opened for students in grades 7 and 8. The former Junior High still stands on W. Wooster Street and is owned by the city of Bowling Green.
It is the second largest school district in Wood County, after Perrysburg Exempted Village School District.
- Bowling Green Junior High (closed)
- Bowling Green Middle School
- Conneaut Elementary
- Crim Elementary 
- Kenwood Elementary School
- Milton Elementary (closed in 2011)
- Ridge Elementary (closed in 2013)
Kenwood Elementary School
|710 Kenwood Ave.
Bowling Green, Ohio, Ohio 61821
|School type||elementary school|
|• Other||490 |
|Average class size||22|
On April 9, 2013, which was Arbor day, the grade 5 students of the school were involved in helping with the maintenance of existing trees in Bowling Green. At the end, a sugar maple tree was planted on the south side of the school.
On November 8, 2013, Kenwood Elementary received a call from BGDP at 11:45 a.m and was locked down. Nobody was injured during the incident.
- Bowling Green Preschool
- "Bowling Green City Schools :: Schools". Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Rice, Laura (17 May 2011). "BG City Schools to close two schools, cut no teachers". North West Ohio. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Alusheff, Alex (7 October 2013). "Bowling Green City Council buys Ridge Elementary to convert to park". The BG News. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Principal". Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Kenwood Elementary School Profile – Bowling Green, Ohio (OH)". Public School Review. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Bowling Green City Schools :: Kenwood Elementary
- "Bowling Green Tree Commission". Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Blade, Nick (8 November 2013). "Man charged after domestic dispute in Bowling Green". CBS Atlanta. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Dick, Bailey (22 November 2013). "Death in Dallas: Remembering the assassination of JFK". Toledo Free Press. Retrieved 12 March 2014.