Bowling Green Falcons men's basketball
|Bowling Green Falcons|
|University||Bowling Green State University|
|Head coach||Michael Huger (3rd season)|
|Location||Bowling Green, Ohio|
|Colors||Brown and Orange
|NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen|
|NCAA Tournament appearances|
|1959, 1962, 1963, 1968|
|Conference regular season champions|
|1959, 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1981, 1983, 1997, 2000, 2009|
|Conference division season champions|
The Bowling Green Falcons men's basketball team is the basketball team that represent Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio. The school's team currently competes in the Mid-American Conference. The team last played in the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament in 1968. The Falcons are now coached by Michael Huger, their 17th head coach.
|Coach||Years||Seasons||Record||Pct.||Conf. Record||Pct.||Conf. Titles
|F. G. Beyerman||1915–1921||6||24–38||.387||NA||NA||NA||NA||0||0|
|Ray B. McCandless||1923–1924||1||3–15||.167||NA||NA||NA||NA||0||0|
- Bowling Green was a member of the Northwest Ohio Intercollegiate Athletic Association from at least 1927-28 through at least 1930-31. Information about their conference record is unavailable.
- Bowling Green was a member of the Ohio Athletic Conference from the 1933-34 through 1941-42 seasons, but never won an OAC title.
- Bowling Green joined the Mid-American Conference beginning with the 1953–54 season.
- The Mid-American Conference did not hold a conference tournament until the 1979–80 season.
NCAA Tournament Results
The Falcons have appeared in four NCAA Tournaments. Their combined record is 1–5.
|1959||First Round||Marquette||L 89–71|
|1962||First Round||Butler||L 56–55|
Regional Third Place Game
|1968||First Round||Marquette||L 72–71|
The Falcons have appeared in 14 National Invitation Tournaments. Their combined record is 6–15.
|1944||Quarterfinals||St. John's||L 44–44|
|1946||Quarterfinals||Rhode Island||L 82–79|
|1948||Quarterfinals||Saint Louis||L 69–53|
Third Place Game
|1980||First Round||Minnesota||L 64–50|
|1983||First Round||Michigan State||L 72–71|
|1990||First Round||Cincinnati||L 75–60|
|1991||First Round||Wisconsin||L 87–79|
|1997||First Round||West Virginia||L 98–95|
|2000||First Round||BYU||L 81–54|
|2002||First Round||Butler||L 81–69|
|2009||First Round||Creighton||L 73–71|
The Falcons have appeared in two CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament. Their combined record is 1–2.
|2012||First Round||Oakland||L 86–69|
|Saint Francis (PA)
The Falcons appeared in one Collegiate Commissioners Association Tournament, a tournament that was only held twice. Their record is 1–1.
- "Intercollegiate Athletics logos" (PDF). Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- "Honors and Awards" (PDF) (Press release). BGSU Falcons Men's Basketball Media Guide. 2014. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- "OAC Men's Basketball Media Guide" (PDF) (Press release). Ohio Athletic Conference Men's Basketball Media Guide. 2014. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- "Year-by-Year Results" (PDF) (Press release). BGSU Falcons Men's Basketball Media Guide. 2014. Retrieved 2015-05-04.