"Putai County" redirects here. For the former county seat, see Binzhou
's Pucheng Subdistrict.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017)
Boxing County is a county of Binzhou in Shandong Province in the People's Republic of China.
The area of Boxing County was mostly created within the last few millennia and long remained sparsely populated owing to the destructive floods of the Yellow River.
In March 1956, Boxing absorbed most of the former Putai County, although Putai itself now forms the Pucheng area of Binzhou. Putai County had been established in 596.[a]
- ^ "博兴县建制沿革". Boxing County Official Website - County History. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- ^ "博兴县自然环境". Boxing County Official Website - Geographical Environment. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- ^ 中华人民共和国公安部 (November 2011). 《中华人民共和国全国分县市人口统计资料2010》. 群众出版社. ISBN 978-7-5014-4917-0.
- ^ "Township divisions". the Official Website of tGovernment. Retrieved 22 July 2009.
- ^ "China", Encyclopædia Britannica, 9th ed., Vol. V, 1878.