Eugenio Romerica Abunda Jr.
October 29, 1955
|Occupation||Television presenter, publicist, Talent Manager, Newscaster|
|Partner(s)||Bong Quintana (1983–present)|
Early life and education
Boy Abunda was born in Borongan. He attended Ateneo de Manila University taking up business management. However, he failed to finish that course because of his father's death. He left Ateneo and worked in odd jobs to support himself.
At the Metropolitan Theater, he worked as a stage actor and after that, as an assistant stage manager. Later, he became the assistant of the theater's administrator Conchita "Tita Conching" Sunico, who taught him public relations. Within a couple of years, he started Backroom, Inc., a public relations firm. He was working as a public relations consultant for GMA Network when a network executive named Bobby Barreiro, suggested him to try hosting a television show.
Abunda became a host of Show and Tell, a late night variety talk show with Gretchen Barretto, and Startalk, an entertainment talk show. He subsequently moved to GMA Network's competitor ABS-CBN in 1999, where he has hosted the following shows: The Buzz, Private Conversations, Homeboy, Kontrobersyal, SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon and The Bottomline with Boy Abunda, a talk show interview. He is also a newscaster for entertainment of the late-night news program Bandila.
He also produced an album titled Melodic Conversations.
He graduated from Philippine Women's University with a degrees of Bachelor of Arts in communication arts in 2009, Master of Arts in communication arts in 2011, and Doctor of Philosophy in social development in 2016.
Abunda is openly gay and has been in a relationship with partner Elmer "Bong" Quintana since 1983. Although a practicing Catholic and Marian devotee, Abunda is a supporter of LGBT rights and same-sex marriage, and has expressed disagreement over the church's stand on homosexuality. He denounced the 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting, which has been recorded as the deadliest incident of violence against LGBT people in United States history.
Not known to all, but Tito Boy has a very unique taste for style.
In August 2014, Abunda was not seen on TV for weeks. On September 7, 2014, he revealed in an exclusive interview with The Buzz that he had suffered from a medical condition in which 300 milliliters of abscess was removed from his liver. He was discharged from the hospital on August 23.
|2016||Born for You||Himself as Tonight with Boy Abunda||ABS-CBN|
|2015–present||Tonight with Boy Abunda||Host|
|2015||Your Face Sounds Familiar||Guest Jury|
|2014–2015||Aquino & Abunda Tonight||Host|
|2009–present||The Bottomline with Boy Abunda||Host|
|2009||Ang Kwento naming Dalawa (Judy Ann-Ryan Love Story)||Host / Narrator|
|2009–2011||SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon||Anchor|
|2008–present||Inside the Cinema||Host||Cinema One|
|2007–2009||Boy & Kris||Host / Himself|
|2005–2007||Homeboy||Host / Himself|
|2005–present||Pinoy Big Brother||Talk Show Host / Himself|
|2004–2005||Morning Star||Host / Himself|
|2004–2005||Star Circle Quest||Judge|
|2003–2006||Kontrobersyal||Host / Himself|
|2001–present||Private Conversations||Host / Himself||ANC|
|1999–2015||The Buzz (formerly known as Buzz ng Bayan from 2013-2014)||Host / Himself||ABS-CBN|
|1995–1999||Startalk||Host / Himself||GMA Network|
|1994–1995||Show & Tell||Host / Himself|
|2012||Boy Pick-Up: The Movie||Himself/Cameo||Regal Entertainment & GMA Films|
|2008||Scaregiver||Himself||OctoArts Films, M-Zet Productions & APT Entertainment|
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Celebrity Inductee Winner, Eastwood City Walk Of Fame Philippines in 2010
- 3rd EdukCircle Awards - Most Influential Celebrity Endorser of Year (2013)
- Winner, Best Showbiz Oriented Show Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Startalk (1995–1999)
- The Buzz (1999–2008 and 2010) (tied with Paolo Bediones in 2005)
- SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon (2009)
- Hall of Fame (2011)
- Winner, Best Public Affairs Program Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Private Conversations (2004)
- The Bottomline With Boy Abunda (2010-2011, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Winner, Best Magazine Show Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Kontrobersyal (2004)
- Winner, Best Celebrity Talk Show Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Homeboy (2005–2007)
- Boy and Kris (2008)
- Winner, Best Talk Show Host - UPLB Gandingan Awards
- Homeboy (2006)
- Boy and Kris (2007–2008)
- Bonifacio, Tinna S. (August 2005). "Stardom is hard work: Boy Abunda success is "seizing the moment, not winning it"". JobsDB: Interactive Recruitment Network. Archived from the original on January 20, 2007. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Boy Abunda biography". Wow! Celebrities. Archived from the original on August 8, 2018. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Mirror, mirror . ." INQ7.net. 13 December 2006.
- "Getting to The Bottomline". The Philippine Star. February 27, 2010.
- Procrastination awards Archived March 30, 2008, at the Wayback Machine, Manila Times
- Boy Abunda obtained his first college degree. Archived April 21, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Boy Abunda obtained his second College degree. Archived March 13, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Boy Abunda graduates with a doctoral degree from PWU. Push.abs-cbn.com. July 2, 2016. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- The Ballad of Boy and Bong Archived June 16, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "Boy Abunda on being gay: How can love be a sin?", ABS-CBN Corporation, 7 October 2014, retrieved 7 December 2016
- "The Marian devotee in me", Philstar.com, 7 October 2014, retrieved 7 December 2016
- Serato, Arniel (July 5, 2016), "What Boy Abunda's partner Bong Quintana said when Boy asked him if they want to get married", Philippine Entertainment Portal, retrieved December 8, 2016
- BOY ABUNDA SUFFERED FROM LIVER PROBLEM, NOW RECOVERING