Boy Better Know
|Boy Better Know|
The Boy Better Know logo
|Also known as||BBK|
|Genres||Grime, hip hop, eski|
|Instruments||Vocals (MC), laptop, synth|
|Labels||Boy Better Know Records|
|Associated acts||Roll Deep Crew, Meridian Crew, Wideboys|
|Members||Skepta, JME, Wiley, Frisco, Jammer, Shorty, Solo 45, Preditah|
|Genre||Grime, hip hop, eski|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
Boy Better Know is an English grime group and record label. The group was founded in North London by JME alongside his brother Skepta in 2005 as an independent record label and a means to publish their music. In later years the resulting crew as well as the label welcomed more members, including the MCs Frisco and Jammer.
Adenuga's debut album Famous? was released on the label in 2008. "Too Many Man", the first single from the album, was released on 25 May 2009. The song is also featured on the Wiley and Skepta albums, Race Against Time and Microphone Champion, respectively. The song was written because of Skepta's annoyance over 'the lack of women in clubs'. It entered the UK Singles Chart on 6 June 2009 at #97, reaching #79 the next week. The second single from the album V.I.P, titled "Goin' In", was released for download on iTunes on 13 December 2009.
JME's second studio album, Blam, was released 4 October 2010. Three singles from this album were released; "Over Me", "Sidetracked", which features Wiley, and "CD Is Dead" featuring UK grime artist Tempa T.
They have also featured on songs by other notable UK artists, such as Chipmunk, John Eric, and Tinie Tempah. They feature on the remix of "Stay" by Jay Sean. They have also remixed N-Dubz's song "Na Na (Boy Better Know!)".
In November 2012 they performed at Red bull culture clash and won. They performed again there in October 2014 and lost to Rebel Sound.
- Skepta (2005–present)
- JME (2005–present)
- Jammer (2005–present)
- Shorty (2006–present)
- Frisco (2005–present)
Boy Better Know discography
- Wiley - Da 2nd Phaze (2006)
- Skepta - Greatest Hits (2007)
- JME - Famous? (2008)
- Skepta - Microphone Champion (2009)
- JME - Blam! (2010)
- JME - Integrity> (2015)
|2009||Boy Better Know - "Too Many Man"||79||V.I.P|
|2010||Boy Better Know - "Goin' In"||-|
- Wiley - Tunnel Vision Volume 1 (2006)
- Wiley - Tunnel Vision Volume 2 (2006)
- Wiley - Tunnel Vision Volume 3 (2006)
- Wiley - Tunnel Vision Volume 4 (2007)
- Wiley - Tunnel Vision Volume 5 (2007)
- JME - Boy Better Know Edition 1 - Shh Hut Yuh Muh (2006)
- JME - Boy Better Know Edition 2 - Poomplex (2006)
- JME - Boy Better Know Edition 3 - Derkhead (2006)
- JME - Boy Better Know Edition 4 - Tropical (2006)
- JME - Boy Better Know - Tropical 2 (2011)
- Skepta - Been There Done That (2010)
- Skepta - Community Payback (2011)
- Shorty - Short Man Syndrome (2010)
- Shorty - Short Notice (2011)
- Skepta - Blacklisted (2012)
- "Niet compatibele browser". Facebook. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- Adabra, Michelle (25 August 2005). "Boy Better Know Now", New Nation (602): 15.
- "JME – Famous?". Ukrecordshop.com. 14 July 2008. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Bigga Fish Bigga Valentine's Bash @ matter, Tues 16th Feb". altsounds. 23 January 2010. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- "UK Singles & Albums Chart Archive – Boy Better Know – Too Many Man". Chart Stats. 13 June 2009. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Fresh links: do the Rolex sweep!". The Guardian (London). 1 April 2008.
- Mistajam (17 June 2008). "MistaJam: Coldplay do the Rolex Sweep". BBC. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- [dead link]
- "Boy Better Know launch pay as you go mobile network", The Wire (magazine).
- Official website
- Boy Better Know label at Discogs
- Boy Better Know artist at Discogs
- Boy Better Know at the BBC's 'Introducing...'
- 'Skepta Interview: 12 Rounds' by Gary A. Swaby
- BBK (Boy Better Know) on Facebook