Boy Meets Girl (2014 film)
|Boy Meets Girl|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Eric Schaeffer|
|Written by||Eric Schaeffer|
|Music by||Matthew Puckett|
|Edited by||Frank Reynolds|
|Distributed by||Wolfe Video|
21-year old Ricky is a transgender woman living in a small town in Kentucky with big dreams to move to New York and attend a school of fashion design. Ricky is working as a barista and spends most of her time hanging out with her only friend Robby who has been by her side for the past 15 years. One day while Ricky is at work, a woman from town named Francesca walks in, a friendship unexpectedly blossoms, which then turns into an affair.
- Michael Welch as Robby Riley
- Robert Racco as 9-year-old Robby Riley
- Michelle Hendley as Ricky Jones
- Rachel Racco as 9-year-old Ricky Jones
- Alexandra Turshen as Francesca Duval
- Michael Galante as David
- Randall Newsome as Hank Jones
- Joseph Ricci as Sam Jones
- Elizabeth Ward Land as Helen Duval
- Christopher McHale as Dayton Duval
Gary Goldstein of the Los Angeles Times gave the film a favorable review, calling it a "lovely story, one which brims with credible, enormously heartfelt emotion". The Washington Post gave it two stars out of four, stating that "Boy Meets Girl comes across not just as an emotional story, but also an earnestly instructive one."
- "Boy Meets Girl - About the Film". Boy Meets Girl Movie. Archived from the original on April 18, 2015. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- Goldstein, Gary (February 26, 2015). "Review: 'Boy Meets Girl' explores love, friendship". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 25, 2015.
- Merry, Stephanie (February 2, 2015). "'Boy Meets Girl' movie review: A small-town transgender love story". The Washington Post. Retrieved April 25, 2015.