Pedakakani, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Relatives||Posani Krishna Murali|
Boyapati Srinivas, sometimes also spelled Boyapati Sreenu, is an Indian film director, and stunt choreographer known for his works in the masala genre of Telugu cinema. Sreenu has garnered two state Nandi Awards, and two "TSR National Awards" for his works. In 2005, Srinu made his directorial debut with Bhadra, which starred Ravi Teja, Meera Jasmine, and Prakash Raj. Tulasi was his second film. In 2010, Srinu's third release was Simha, starring Nandamuri Balakrishna in a dual role, Nayantara and Sneha Ullal. In 2012, he made his fourth film Dhammu, starring Jr NTR, Trisha, Karthika Nair.
Srinivas graduated from JKC College in Guntur and attended Nagarjuna University. His family runs a photo studio. Srinivas was interested in photography and worked as a part-time reporter for the Eenadu newspaper. His cousin Posani Krishna Murali recommended Boyapati Srinivas to work in the direction department of Muthyala Subbaiah studio in 1997 after requesting him for a while. Srinu worked with him for films like Oka Chinna Maata, Gokulamlo Seetha, Pelli Chesukundam, Pavitra Prema, Annayya and Manasunna Maaraju.
|Release Date||Film||Cast||Music Director||Result|
|12 May 2005||Bhadra||Ravi Teja, Meera Jasmine||Devi Sri Prasad||Blockbuster|
|12 Oct 2007||Tulasi||Venkatesh, Nayantara||Devi Sri Prasad||Super Hit|
|30 Apr 2010||Simha||Nandamuri Balakrishna,Nayantara,Sneha Ullal,Namitha||Chakri||Blockbuster|
|27 Apr 2012||Dammu||Jr. NTR, Trisha Krishnan, Karthika Nair||M.M. Keeravani||Flop|
|28 Mar 2014||Legend||Nandamuri Balakrishna, Jagapati Babu, Sonal Chauhan, Radhika Apte||Devi Sri Prasad||Blockbuster|
|22 Apr 2016||Sarrainodu||Allu Arjun, Rakul Preet Singh||S. Thaman||Super Hit|
|11 Aug 2017||Jaya Janaki Nayaka||Bellamkonda Sreenivas, Rakul Preet Singh||Devi Sri Prasad||Hit|
|15 Jan 2019||#RC12||Ram Charan Tej, Kiara Advani||Devi Sri Prasad|
- TSR National Awards
- TSR – TV9 Award for Best Director (2010) for the film Simha was presented on 10 April 2011 in Hyderabad.
- TSR – TV9 Award for Best Director (2014) for the film Legend
- "Balakrishna -Boyapati Srinu Movie Titled LEGEND". timesofap.com. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- Vasireddy, Amrutha (15 November 2017). "Andhra Pradesh government announces Nandi awards for 2014-2016". Times of India. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- "'Legend' Review Roundup: Complete Commercial Package; Real Treat for Balakrishna's Fans". International Business Times India. 28 March 2014. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "Balakrishna's Legend opens to positive reviews". The Times of India. 28 March 2014. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- TSR – TV9 awards 2011 – Telugu cinema
- "TSR TV9 Film Awards Winners (List) Presentation Function on July 16". Allindiablog.org. Retrieved 2015-12-24.