Boychinovtsi Municipality within Bulgaria and Montana Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Boychinovtsi|
|• Total||307.32 km2 (118.66 sq mi)|
|Population (Census February 2011)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Boychinovtsi Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Бойчиновци) is a municipality (obshtina) in Montana Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located in the transition between the Danubian Plain and the area of the so-called Fore-Balkan. It is named after its administrative centre – the town of Boychinovtsi.
The municipality embraces a territory of 307.32 km² with a population of 9,137 inhabitants, as of February 2011.
Boychinovtsi Municipality includes the following 13 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Beli Breg||Бели брег||119|
|Beli Brod||Бели брод||247|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades. Since 1992 Boychinovtsi Municipality has comprised the former municipality of Lehchevo and the numbers in the table reflect this unification.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (Bulgarian)National Statistical Institute - Census 2011
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- Official website (Bulgarian)