The Wotch: My Sister, Myself on BoycottAdvance Mac OS X.
|Developer(s)||Julien Frelat, Richard Bannister, Niels Wagenaar|
|Stable release||0.2.8 Windows - 0.4 Mac OS X / June 19, 2003 - September 29, 2008|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Java applet|
|Type||Video game console emulator|
- Good compatibility with most public and commercial games
- Full sound emulation (Direct sound and Game Boy compatible sound)
- Frame-skipping and automatic frame-skipping, throttle support
- Real BIOS support
- Load/save states
- Windowed and full-screen display
- WAV/MP3 sound recording
- Input recording
- Zip/GZip compressed files support
- Built-in debugger and graphic viewers
- Joystick support.
It is fairly CPU intensive. Running it on the Windows platform requires at least a Pentium III processor, while the Apple platform requires at least a G4 processor. Joystick support and full-screen gameplay require purchase of an additional shareware component for the Mac OS X version.
BoycottAdvance Online is the Java applet version of the emulator that you can try directly online.
Retro gaming hacks (O'Reilly Media, 2006) recommends it together with VisualBoyAdvance as excellent choices for GBA emulation, but remarks that "Boycott seems to be a bit more stable" and "is a notch easier to use".
- Chris Kohler, Retro gaming hacks, O'Reilly Media, 2006, ISBN 0-596-00917-8, pp. 195–197
- Bill Loguidice, Retrogaming and Beyond on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, armchairarcade.com, 30 June 2006
- Chris Barylick, Games of Yesteryear: Emulator Roundup, the Mac Observer, September 21, 2006
- BoycottAdvance homepage
- Mac OS X version homepage
- BoycottAdvance Online: Java version
- Legal Game Boy Advance ROM images
- An interview with Niels Wagenaar, one of Boycott Advance/SDL's main coders, ngemu.com, 2001
|This emulation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This video game software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|