Boyd Independent School District
|Boyd Independent School District|
|500 Knox Ave.|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|NCES District ID||4811010|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||87.40 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||11.81 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division I|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $825,918,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.020 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district operated four schools.
- Boyd High (Grades 9-12)
- Boyd Middle (Grades 7-8)
- Boyd Intermediate (Grades 4-6)
- Boyd Elementary (Grades PK-3)
Boyd School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, and tennis. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, tennis, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Boyd High School will play football in UIL Class 2A Division I.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Boyd ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Boyd High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|