St John the Baptist's Church, Boylestone
Boylestone parish highlighted within Derbyshire
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Boylestone is a village and civil parish in the Derbyshire Dales district of Derbyshire, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 165, increasing to 318 at the 2011 Census. The village is situated about eight miles east of Uttoxeter.
There is no active Women's Institute but there is a Ladies' Group and an "Evergreen" club. The pub sponsors a football club in the local "summer league"
The cartoonist Bill Tidy lives in the village.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus. 1986. The Buildings of England:Derbyshire. pp 102-103. Harmondsworth, Middx. Penguin.
- Boylestone at Derbyshireuk.net accessed 19 December 2007
- Henry was given a large number of manors in Derbyshire including Doveridge, Aston-on-Trent, Hartshorne and Cowley.
- Domesday Book: A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 2003. ISBN 0-14-143994-7 p.747
Media related to Boylestone at Wikimedia Commons
|This Derbyshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|