Boynitsa Municipality within Bulgaria and Vidin Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Boynitsa|
|• Total||166 km2 (64 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Boynitsa Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Бойница) is a small frontier municipality (obshtina) in Vidin Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located in the Danubian Plain about 20 km southwest of Danube river. It is named after its administrative centre - the village of Boynitsa. The area borders on the Republic of Serbia to the west and northwest.
The municipality embraces a territory of 166 km² with a population of 1,717 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Boynitsa Municipality includes the following 8 places all of them villages:
|Gradskovski Kolibi||Градсковски колиби||67|
|Shipikova Mahala||Шипикова махала||8|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Info website (English)
||Serbia||Serbia||Bregovo Municipality, Vidin Province|
|Serbia||Vidin Municipality, Vidin Province|
|Kula Municipality, Vidin Province||Kula Municipality, Vidin Province||Kula Municipality, Vidin Province|