Boys Like Girls (album)
|Boys Like Girls|
|Studio album by Boys Like Girls|
|Released||August 22, 2006|
|Genre||Pop punk, pop rock, power pop, alternative rock|
|Label||Columbia, Red Ink|
|Boys Like Girls chronology|
|Singles from Boys Like Girls|
Boys Like Girls is the debut album from the band Boys Like Girls.
Our self-titled debut goes through a series of events throughout the track listing, representing the last two years of my life. Though the songs weren’t composed with that in mind, once they were all recorded it became apparent that there was a story of love, loss, youth, and angst for the future that was waiting to be told. The songs go from optimistic songs and love songs to loss and breakup songs, ending back with “Holiday”, which starts the sequence over and symbolizes moving on and cycles in everyone’s life.
It was released on August 22, 2006 through Columbia Records/Red Ink. The album's lead single was "Hero/Heroine", which was followed by "The Great Escape", and the re-release of Hero/Heroine and then "Thunder".
In February and March 2007, the group supported Cartel on their tour of the US. From early April to early June, the band supported Hellogoodbye on their Two Months Of Spring Break Tour '99 tour of North America. From late June to late August, the band went on the 2007 edition of Warped Tour. Starting in late September, the group headlined the Tourzilla tour. The first part ran from late September to late October and featured All Time Low, The Audition and We the Kings, while the second part ran from late October and continued into November with All Time Low, The Audition and Valencia. During this tour, a deluxe edition of Boys Like Girls was released. The CD came with enhanced content which consisted of a photo gallery, videos of the group's AOL Sessions performance, as well as live footage of "Heels Over Head" and "The Great Escape". The CD features new mixes of "Hero/Heroine" and "Heels Over Head", done by Tom Lord-Alge, and an acoustic version of "Hero/Heroine" as bonus tracks.
"Thunder" was released to top 40 radio stations in May 2008. In July and August, the group went on a co-headlining US tour with Good Charlotte, with support from Metro Station and the Maine, dubbed the Soundtrack of Your Summer tour.
All tracks written by Martin Johnson, except where noted.
|1.||"The Great Escape" (Johnson, Sam Hollander, Dave Katz)||3:28|
|2.||"Five Minutes to Midnight" (Johnson, Hollander, Katz)||3:47|
|4.||"On Top of the World"||3:36|
|6.||"Me, You and My Medication" (Johnson, Bleu)||4:28|
|7.||"Up Against the Wall" (Johnson, Hollander, Katz)||3:39|
|8.||"Dance Hall Drug"||3:29|
|9.||"Learning to Fall" (Johnson, Hollander, Katz)||3:04|
|10.||"Heels Over Head"||3:08|
|1.||"Hero/Heroine (Acoustic Version)"||3:55|
|2.||"Hero/Heroine (Tom Lord-Alge Mix)"||3:46|
- Martin Johnson – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Paul DiGiovanni – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Bryan Donahue – bass guitar, backing vocals
- John Keefe – drums, percussion
|UK Albums Chart||195|
|U.S. Billboard 200||55|
|U.S. Billboard Top Heatseekers||1|
|U.S. Billboard Top Rock Albums||14|
- "A Thorn For Every Heart touring with Hit The Lights, more". Alternative Press. February 14, 2006. Retrieved June 29, 2016.
- "PlayPro.com". Lyric Feature - Boys Like Girls by Boys Like Girls.
- Kohli, Rohan (November 22, 2006). "Fear Not, More Cartel Headlining Dates Will Be Announced". AbsolutePunk.net. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- "Hellogoodbye announce North American tour w/ Hush Sound". Alternative Press. February 27, 2007. Retrieved August 8, 2016.
- "Throwdown added to Warped 07; Madina Lake drop off". Alternative Press. April 26, 2007. Retrieved August 21, 2016.
- "Boys Like Girls to release deluxe edition of debut album". Alternative Press. Alternative Press Magazine, Inc. September 20, 2007. Retrieved March 19, 2017.
- Cohen, Jonathan (May 13, 2008). "Good Charlotte, Boys Like Girls Team For Tour". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved March 17, 2017.
- "Boys Like Girls - Boys Like Girls - Album Review". AbsolutePunk.
- "Boys Like Girls - Boys Like Girls". AllMusic.
- "Rapidly Rising Boston Band Boys Like Girls Invited to Open for Avril Lavigne on Upcoming...". Reuters. 2008-01-14. Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- "Boys Like Girls - Boys Like Girls". Billboard.com. Billboard. Retrieved 17 November 2012.