Boys Nxt Door
|Boys Nxt Door|
|Genre||Teen drama, Romantic comedy|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Directed by||Jun Lana|
Glaiza de Castro
|Opening theme||"Nagugulo, Nalilito"
sung by Aljur Abrenica and Rewind Band
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Tagalog, Filipino, English|
|No. of episodes||31|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Running time||1 hour|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||June 24, 2007– January 13, 2008|
Boys Nxt Door is an award-winning youth oriented situation comedy from GMA Network. It was the second part of GMA Network's 57th Anniversary. The series premiered on June 24, 2007 and ended on January 13, 2008 with the total of 31 episodes.
The series is set to air on 8TV Malaysia - where it will be dubbed in Malay, Indonesia and it will be the first Philippine drama to air on KBS2 of South Korea - where it will be subtitled in English.
Buboy was led to believe that he is the only son all his life, but on the death of his father, he finds out that he has other siblings and before his father dies, he wanted them to live together. Then comes along Migs, Atom and Jiro.
The girls from the front of the house will become close to the Boys Nxt Door. A love triangle will be formed between the serious Migs and playful Atom with the kikay Coffee. While Buboy will begin to have a crush on one of his female friends, Isabel's best friend, the nerdy Sari.
To make things much more chaotic, add the strict mother of Buboy, the funny dormlady Miss Malinis and the easy going uncle Badong. Plus another love triangle between Buboy's playboy best friend Decdec when he starts to like his boyish friend Milo while dating beauty queen bombshell Winoma.
The love triangles have started to sort themselves out! But while Buboy and Sari enjoy being together, they also start to see the pitfalls of moving past their best friend relationship to being a couple. Migs and Coffee continue to hide their relationship, while Summer talks to a fortune teller who relays interesting information about her future relationship with Atom. And Winona is shocked when she finds someone from her past has resurfaced.
Cast and characters
- Marky Cielo† as Buboy
- Glaiza de Castro as Sari
- Jennica Garcia as Summer and Winter
- Mart Escudero as Atom
- Aljur Abrenica as Migs
- Kris Bernal as Coffee
- Stef Prescott as Isabel
- Rich Asuncion as Winona
- Jesi Corcuera as Milo
- Kiko Junio as Dec Dec
- Mark Herras as Zeki
- Paulo Avelino as Peter
- Patrick Garcia as Karlo
- Sheena Halili as Queenie
- Jan Manual as Raffy
- Ahron Villena as Preston
- Ailyn Luna as Margareth
- Joseph Bitangcol as King
- Benjie Paras as Badong
- Janice de Belen as Ms. Malinis
- Rio Locsin as Myrna
- John Arcilla as Buboy's Dad
- Eunice "Charming" Lagusad as Nikki
- Justin Plummer as Jiro
- Winner, Best Youth Oriented Program - 22nd PMPC Star Awards for TV 2008
- Nominated, Best Youth Oriented Program - 21st PMPC Star Awards for TV 2007
- List of shows previously aired by GMA Network
- T.G.I.S. (Thank God It's Sabado)
- Growing Up (The T.G.I.S. Primetime)
- Tween Hearts
- List of telenovelas of GMA Network
- "The Boys Next Door" premieres on May 27, pep.ph, n.d. Accessed last May 27, 2007.
- Courtesy of GMA-7. "Philippine Entertainment Portal | News | Defunct GMA-7 teen show "Boys Nxt Door" to air in Malaysia and South Korea". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- Boys Nxt Door, bagong barkadang kagigiliwan, journal.com, n.d. Accessed last June 20, 2007.