Brackenbury Village is a residential district of west London between the Goldhawk Road, King Street, Hammersmith Grove and Ravenscourt Park. It is named after Brackenbury Road in which there is a small parade of shops which form the heart of the self-styled village. This includes Sisi's (Hardware & Ironmonger), Hepsibah (Gallery & Hatmaker) and Stenton's (Traditional family butchers). The name of the area came from estate agent descriptions, with houses in the area selling for over a million being seen regularly. The area has one of Britain's best all-girl schools, Godolphin and Latymer School and the highly publicised Toby Young's West London Free School Primary.
- "Shockwaves in affluent enclave". Evening Standard. 15 March 2007. Retrieved 1 August 2010.[dead link]
- "Evans's odyssey". The Independent. 2 March 1996. Archived from the original on 4 November 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2010.
- Mary Wilson (12 April 2007), "Wherever I lay my hat... that's my home", Daily Telegraph
- "The rise of postcode snobbery; Londoners obsessed with what an address says about them lie about where they live". Evening Standard. 3 May 2006. Retrieved 1 August 2010.
- Brackenbury Village
- Brackenbury Residents Association
- Brackenburys Delicatessen
- Hepsibah Gallery
- Community media
|This London location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|