From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up bracket or brackets in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A bracket is a tall punctuation mark typically used in matched pairs within text.
Bracket may also refer to:
Architecture and engineering
- Bracket (architecture), an architectural element, a structural or decorative member
- Corbel or decorative bracket, used in furniture and mantelpieces
- Bracket, a general term for an object used for support
- Bracket (band), a pop punk band
- "The Bracket", an episode of television series How I Met Your Mother
- ( ) (film), a 2003 film directed by Morgan Fisher
- ( ) (album), an album by the Icelandic band Sigur Rós
Mathematics and science
- Bracket fungus, fungi in the phylum Basidiomycota
- Bracket (mathematics), symbols used to specify the order of operations
- Curly-bracket languages, in programming
- Lie bracket of vector fields , multiple meanings
- Poisson bracket, an operator used in mathematics and physics
- Bra–ket notation, a notation for describing quantum states in the theory of quantum mechanics
- Frölicher–Nijenhuis bracket, an extension of the Lie bracket of vector fields
- Moyal bracket, in physics
- Nijenhuis–Richardson bracket or algebraic bracket
- Schouten–Nijenhuis bracket, in differential geometry
- Brackets (text editor), an open-source HTML editor
- Bracket, in typeface anatomy, the curve connecting a serif to the main stroke
- Bracket (tournament), a diagrammatic representation of the series of games played during a tournament
- Bracket turn, a figure skating move
- Tax bracket (or income bracket)
- Bracket clock
- Bracketing (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles containing "bracket"
- All pages beginning with "bracket"
- Parenthesis (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bracket.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.