Brackett Independent School District
|Brackett Independent School District|
|400 Ann St.
ESC Region 20
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||53.39 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A Football Division I|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
Brackett Independent School District is a public school district based in Brackettville, Texas (USA). The district's boundaries parallel that of Kinney County. The district operates one high school, Bracket High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $165,975,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.000 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district operated three schools.
- Brackett High School (Grades 9-12)
- Brackett Junior High School (Grades 7-8)
- Jones Elementary/Intermediate School (Grades PK-6)
Brackett High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, golf, track, cross country, and tennis. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, volleyball, track, cross country, tennis, and golf. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Brackett High School will play football in UIL Class 1A Division I. The name of the school mascot is Rajah The Tiger.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Brackett ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Brackett High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Colonias Projects". Texas State Energy Conservation Office. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.