Portrait photo of Brad Burton in front of Brad Burton logo
James Bradley Harold Burton
6 February 1973
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, author, motivational speaker|
|BBC Breakfast |
BBC World News
Brad Burton (born 6 February 1973) is an English entrepreneur and motivational speaker who founded the international business networking group 4Networking. He is the author of four business books.
In 2009, Burton self-published his first business book, Get Off Your Arse, This was followed by Get Off Your Arse Too in 2011, also published by Burton. A third book, Life. Business. Just Got Easier. was published in 2013 by Capstone (part of Wiley). A fourth book, Now What?, was published in 2016 by Burton.
Burton has written the foreword to Business Networking For Dummies by Stefan Thomas, former Network Director of 4Networking. This book contains a number of references to 4Networking and to Burton's role as founder.
On Feb 16 2016, ten years to the day since he started the company, Burton stood down as managing director of 4Networking, taking on the title of Founder, handing over the role of managing director to Jason Dutton. Burton also runs workshops and events to assist the small business community.
His "laddish" style has been described by some as bullying and unprofessional. His insistence that networking meetings are the only form of marketing that a small business needs has been controversial, and is disputed by many marketing and business experts.
Burton has been interviewed about business and entrepreneurship, with appearances on Working Lunch on BBC2, The Jeremy Vine Show on BBC Radio 2, and articles in newspapers The Times, and The Guardian, business magazines, business websites, and local newspapers. He has also created several motivational videos and podcasts for entrepreneurial and business websites. Burton was listed by Richtopia as one of the 100 most influential British entrepreneurs. 
Media appearances in 2015 include being a key backer in the TV series Money Pit on Dave, hosted by Jason Manford. Burton is also the regular anchor presenter on 4NTV, a business magazine show.
- Get Off Your Arse (2009, 4Publishing) ISBN 978-1907451003
- Get Off Your Arse Too (2011, 4Publishing) ISBN 978-1907451027
- Life. Business. Just Got Easier (2013, Capstone) ISBN 978-0857084835
- Now What? (2016, 4Publishing) ISBN 978-1907451041
- Frary, Mark (23 June 2009). "The IT guy rides to the rescue". The Times. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Frary, Mark (24 July 2012). "Contacts are key to the door of opportunity". The Times. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Tims, Anna (22 June 2012). "The secret to surviving a recession". The Guardian. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Shannon, Laura (13 November 2010). "How do I turn my cash around?". The Times. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Copps, Alan (3 April 2012). "Pressure is just not the British way". The Times. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Brad Burton birth record". www.ancestry.co.uk. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Dan Matthews (17 May 2013). 150 Ultimate Business Secrets: From beer and chocolate to lingerie - exclusive tips for success from Britain's elite entrepreneurs. Harriman House Limited. pp. 155–. ISBN 978-0-85719-322-3.
- Stefan Thomas (17 March 2014). Business Networking For Dummies. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 54–. ISBN 978-1118833353.
- "Business: JCB supports digger drivers looking to start their own companies". The Sentinel April 02, 2014
- "Startup Diaries: Social Media or Bust" Archived April 18, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.. The Next Woman, 29 January 2015 by Lorraine White
- "Business networking event creates buzz at Windsor Racecourse" Archived June 26, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.. Maidenhead Advertiser, 02 July 2013 Written by Lucy Golding
- Burton, Brad (host) (10 Feb 2016). "Episode 6". 4NTV. Season 1. Episode 6. 4NTV.
- "Brad Burton interview". Business Matters Magazine. Archived from the original on 22 July 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Five-minutes with 4Networking's MD Brad Burton". Weston & North Somerset Echo. 10 December 2011. Archived from the original on 1 September 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Derin Cag (12 March 2016). "British Entrepreneurs Top 100". Richtopia. Richtopia Ltd. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
The 100 most influential British entrepreneurs: number 51 Brad Burton
- Manford, Jason (host) (29 October 2015). "Episode 1". Money Pit. Season 1. Episode 1. Dave.
- "Brad Burton interview". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "Visit Somerset announcement". Visit Somerset. Visit Somerset. 8 April 2016. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
Local entrepreneur Brad Burton is joining Visit Somerset as a Ambassador to help promote the county as a destination for travel and business.
- Morris, Thom (28 July 2010). "Businessman shot by paintballers to draw attention to lion charity". Kent Messenger. Retrieved 7 August 2012.