|Occupation||news anchor, radio personality, disc jockey, VJ, television reporter, television producer|
|Years active||1980s – present|
Giffen graduated from the Poynter Institute for Advanced Journalism Study. In the 1980s he was a broadcaster on both CHUM and CHUM-FM radio stations out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and was also one of John Majhor's replacement veejays on CITY-TV's music video program Toronto Rocks. In 1985, he hosted the CBC Television battle of the bands competition Rock Wars.
Giffen was awarded "Best In-Depth News Reporting" by the Utah Broadcaster's Association. He was also awarded "Best Newscast with Special Distinction" by the Louisiana Broadcaster's Association.
- Brad Giffen's bio on CTV News Channel's website Archived August 7, 2010, at the Wayback Machine Last retrieved Aug 4, 2010
- "Viewers invited to box with Battered Brian", Toronto Star, Nov 2, 1990, pg D16
- Hume, Christopher. "Farm crisis probed on special", Toronto Star", Aug 24, 1987, pg B3
- "CITY-TV rocks host revamps pop video show". Toronto Star, February 18, 1988.
- Rolly, Paul. "ROLLY & WELLS ...", Salt Lake Tribune, Sep 22, 1993, pg D1
- Peterson, Randy. "STOP THE INSANITY, CBS!", Salt Lake Tribune, Oct 20, 1993, pg C7
- Pierce, Scott D. "FOX 13 HIRES BOB EVANS AS ITS NEW CO-ANCHORMAN", Deseret News, Aug 30, 1995 Last retrieved Aug 4, 2010