April 26, 1966
St. Paul, Minnesota United States
|Height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight||330 lb (150 kg)|
|Relatives||Gale Gillingham - father|
Karl Gillingham - brother
Wade Gillingham - brother
|Representing United States|
|USAPL National Championships|
|1st||2015 RAW Masters||+120kg|
|2nd||2017 RAW Masters 2||+120kg|
|IPF World Championships|
|1st||2013 Classic (RAW)||+120kg|
|IPF Pan-American Championships|
|IPF North American Championships|
|IPF Arnold Classic GNC Pro Deadlift|
|Representing United States|
|Arnold Strongman Classic|
|7th||2002 Arnold Strongman Classic|
|8th||2003 Arnold Strongman Classic|
Brad is a 6 time IPF World Powerlifting Champion and a 13 time USAPL National Powerlifting Champion. Brad has won 34 Major Events. Brad has set IPF Open World Records in the 120+ kg Class with a 395 kg (870) deadlift at the 2011 IPF Pacific Invitational in Melbourne, Australia, and a 397.5 kg (876) deadlift at the 2011 IPF World Championships in Pilsen, Czech Republic. Brad set the IPF Open Classic (RAW) World Record deadlift at the 2013 IPF Classic World Championships in Suzdal, Russia with a 375 kg (826) deadlift. Brad has set 16 IPF Masters World Records with highlights being a 400 kg (881) deadlift at the 2010 IPF World Championships in Potchefstroom, South Africa and a 1057.5 kg (2331) Total at the 2008 IPF Masters World Championships in Palm Springs, California. Brad was inducted into the International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) Hall of Fame in November 2006, and into the IPF North American Powerlifting Federation (NAPF) Hall of Fame earlier that same year. Brad was a U.S.A. Powerlifting (USAPL) Brother Bennett (Hall of Fame) Award recipient in 2003. Brad was inducted into the Minnesota Chapter of the National Strength Coaches Association (NSCA) Hall of Fame in 2010.
Brad graduated from Little Falls, Minnesota Community High School in 1984 and St. Cloud State University in 1989. He lives in Minneota, Minnesota and is employed by the State of Minnesota. Brad is married to wife Diane and has two daughters Emily (17) and Elizabeth (15).
Brad is the co-owner of Jackal's Gym in Marshall, Minnesota along with brothers Karl and Wade. Jackal's Gym also has a website with an online store that sells strongman and powerlifting training equipment.
Brad is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and coaches several elite powerlifters and athletes.
Powerlifting Competition Records:
- Squat - 870 pounds (390 kg) (at the USAPL Nationals 2004)
- Bench press - 633 pounds (287 kg) (at the USAPL Nationals 2004)
- Deadlift - 881 pounds (400 kg) (at the AC IPF GNC Deadlift 2008 and IPF World Championship 2010)
- Total - 2,342 pounds (1,062 kg) (870/633/837) @330 pounds bodyweight (at the USAPL Nationals 2004)
- Squat - 716 pounds (325 kg)
- Bench press - 518 pounds (235 kg)
- Deadlift - 843 pounds (382 kg)
- Total - 2,066 pounds (937 kg) (716/512/837) (at the USAPL Nationals 2012 RAW)
Record lifts in competition
- Squat - 859 pounds (390 kg) - USAPL Open American Record 145 kg
- Deadlift - 848 pounds (385 kg) - USAPL Open American Record 145 kg
- Total - 2,271 pounds (1,030 kg) - USAPL Open American Record 145 kg
- Deadlift - 843 pounds (382 kg) - USAPL RAW Open American Record +125 kg
- Total - 2,066 pounds (937 kg) - USAPL RAW Open American Record +125 kg
- Deadlift - 881 pounds (400 kg) - USAPL Masters American Record +125 kg
- Total - 2,331 pounds (1,057 kg) - USAPL Masters American Record +125 kg
- Squat - 716 pounds (325 kg) - USAPL RAW Masters American Record +125 kg
- Deadlift - 843 pounds (382 kg) - USAPL RAW Masters American Record +125 kg
- Total - 2,066 pounds (937 kg) - USAPL RAW Masters American Record +125 kg
- Deadlift - 865 pounds (392 kg) - USAPL Masters National Meet Record +125 kg
- Total - 2,237 pounds (1,015 kg) - USAPL Masters National Meet Record +125 kg
- Deadlift - 876 pounds (397 kg) - IPF World Open Record +120 kg
- Deadlift - 881 pounds (400 kg) - IPF World Masters Record +125 kg
- Deadlift - 876 pounds (397 kg) - IPF World Masters Record +120 kg
- Deadlift - 826 pounds (375 kg) - IPF World Classic Record +120 kg
- Total - 2,331 pounds (1,057 kg) - IPF World Masters Record +125 kg
- Total - 2,281 pounds (1,035 kg) - IPF World Masters Record +120 kg
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-05-22. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-30. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- Jackal's Gym Athletes (results and personal bests)
- "ALL TIME HISTORICAL MEN AND WOMEN'S POWERLIFTING WORLD RECORDS" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-06-03. Retrieved 2012-11-02.