September 15, 1954 |
Brad Leland (born September 15, 1954) is an American film and television actor best known for his role as Buddy Garrity in the NBC/DirecTV series Friday Night Lights. He has appeared in 20 feature films, 25 television shows and numerous theater performances.
Leland was born in Lubbock, Texas, but moved to Plano during his sophomore year in high school. While in Plano, Leland played football for Plano High School. He sustained a serious knee injury the year the Wildcats won the 1971 AAA State Championship.
After graduating from college, Leland moved to Dallas where he worked in local theatre and found an agent. He also got a part in one episode of the TV series Dallas and in an episode of In the Heat of the Night. He later appeared in seven episodes of the TV series Walker, Texas Ranger, in the 2003 Texas Chain Saw Massacre remake and as an executive in the film Hancock. His most visible roles, though, are that of football booster John Aubrey in the film Friday Night Lights and the similar character, Buddy Garrity, in the TV series of the same name.
- Dallas (1986), Man in Bar – 1 episode
- In the Heat of the Night (1988), Mace Trapnell – 1 episode
- Walker, Texas Ranger (1994–1998), Bobby – 7 episodes
- The Patriot (1998), Big Bob
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), Big Rig Bob
- Friday Night Lights (2004), John Aubrey
- The Ringer (2005), Mr. Henderson
- The Return (2006), Mr. Marlin
- Friday Night Lights (2006–2011), Buddy Garrity
- Walking Tall: The Payback (2007), Mitch
- Hancock (2007)
- Trauma (2009), Audi Driver – 1 episode
- CSI: Miami (2010), Det. John "Sully" Sullivan – 2 episodes
- The Bystander Theory (2012), Seamus "Shame" Fuller
- Parks and Recreation (2012) - 1 episode
- Veep (TV series) (2012, 2015) - 2 episodes
- The Leftovers (TV Series), Congressman Witten
- Camp Abercorn (2014) - Actor and executive producer
- The One I Wrote for You (2014) - Coffee Shop Manager (uncredited)
- The Bureau (French TV serie, 2015), Peter Cassidy.